Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RRA Single stage trigger/ LPK question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default RRA Single stage trigger/ LPK question?

This is my first build and I got all my parts for lower complete W/ the Rock River single stage trigger LPK.
When I cycle the trigger it releases fine and the hammer locks back too. But if I keep the trigger pulled back all the way and cycle the hammer back again while still pull on the trigger, it kinda gets stuck till push the hammer farther down, now if I don't keep pull on the trigger it works correct. Is there something wrong or is this the way it's suppose to work?? I saw a video on YouTube showing when you let off the trigger the hammer pops back up to fire position where as mine it sticks kinda or if push the hammer more down it resets. Do I have something wrong/ defective/ needs oil/ or??? (I hope someone can understand what I'm saying, i didn't use all the right vocabulary and describe in words right??!??)

Any direction would help!

SA XD-40 V10 (Ported) 40 S&W
New Frontier Stripped Lower
RRA LPK (Lower parts kit)
More to come....

"Don't thik of it as 'Gun Control', think of it as "Victim disarmament". If we make enough laws, we can ALL be criminals".

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone889
This is my first build and I got all my parts for lower complete W/ the Rock River single stage trigger LPK.
When I cycle the trigger it releases fine and the hammer locks back too. But if I keep the trigger pulled back all the way and cycle the hammer back again while still pull on the trigger, it kinda gets stuck till push the hammer farther down, now if I don't keep pull on the trigger it works correct. Is there something wrong or is this the way it's suppose to work?? I saw a video on YouTube showing when you let off the trigger the hammer pops back up to fire position where as mine it sticks kinda or if push the hammer more down it resets. Do I have something wrong/ defective/ needs oil/ or??? (I hope someone can understand what I'm saying, i didn't use all the right vocabulary and describe in words right??!??)

Any direction would help!
Let's see if I am understanding this. Are you saying that when you hold the trigger back and push the hammer down it catches and holds but when you let go of the trigger it doesn't release it unless you push the hammer down a little?

Old 04-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #3

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1998

That is the disconnecters job . Nothing wrong with it

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The trigger should reset when you let go of it if it does not then it is not functioning properly.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Sorry for the long jumble of a post, but when I let of the trigger it doesn't reset unless I push down on the hammer again, then it resets. Is that a malfunction ?

More to come....

"Don't thik of it as 'Gun Control', think of it as "Victim disarmament". If we make enough laws, we can ALL be criminals".

Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Also if I just slightly touch the trigger in the forward direction, then the hammer pops up to reset and back ready to fire. I have a poly lower and I had to slightly dremel out two other areas like the mag release, I assume these are made in a mold and not machined like the alum ones so maybe I need to take the trigger out and recheck that area where the trigger comes through.
Thanks again for all the help.

More to come....

Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #7

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1998

Lube is your friend if u haven't used any. One more reason to stay away from poly lowers

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Quentin Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Use a little grease on the disconnector and sear (back of the hammer) surfaces. Then cycle it by hand a hundred or so times to wear the surfaces together. If this doesn't straighten it out then its possible the trigger spring isn't pushing up on the trigger hard enough. I have found these to be a little finicky on single stage triggers. You can tune them by taking the trigger out and bending the ears down a Little or by twisting the spring. If none of this works then consider buying another trigger spring.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #9

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Lube is your friend if u haven't used any. One more reason to stay away from poly lowers
Ah, the rest of the story! Yeah, if the receiver had to be dremmeled then maybe there are other problems.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Thanks guys for the info and help! I kept cycling the fire control system and seems to get better and better but I may take it out just to make sure there isn't any clearance issues just to be safe.

More to come....