RRA Rock River Arms LAR 8 compatibility questions. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RRA Rock River Arms LAR 8 compatibility questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

So, lemme get this straight. Colt doesnt provide the mag adapter? You have to purchase it seperately?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2417 Times on 1197 Posts
Likes Given: 1227

As JonM and the guys have stated. All of the ARs in 308 and the calibers that require the larger receiver are not compatible with the other manufacturers ARs in 308. As Jon mentioned the Badger Tac Latches are a good product and I have used them for years. The only thing that I am aware that is compatible regarding the Rock River AR-15 parts is the 2 Stage RRA AR-15 Trigger will also fit into the Rock River LAR-8 and the Armalite AR-10 308 rifles. Other than that noting is compatible between the manufacturers. Excluding some accessories. That is also why Rock River went with the FN Inch or Metric 7.62X51 Mags so it would not be proprietary and the owners could get them from various sources and at a reasonable price. Although the Inch mags seem to work best across the board. If Metric Mags are purchased be sure they are Mil-Spec Metrics.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 11-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.
AgentTikki Likes This 
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
So, lemme get this straight. Colt doesnt provide the mag adapter? You have to purchase it seperately?
Apparently not. Mine came in a sealed box, there was no adapter. There are none listed in the Colt parts price list (web site), there are none listed for sale anywhere that Google can find.

When I get a chance, I'll give them a call and find out when they will have them and how much they cost.

It's more then a mag adapter; it provide proper fit & position for the upper. The Kit also includes (or, so I'm told) the 5.56 buffer/recoil spring too.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #14

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
As JonM and the guys have stated. All of the ARs in 308 and the calibers that require the larger receiver are not compatible with the other manufacturers ARs in 308. As Jon mentioned the Badger Tac Latches are a good product and I have used them for years. The only thing that I am aware that is compatible regarding the Rock River AR-15 parts is the 2 Stage RRA AR-15 Trigger will also fit into the Rock River LAR-8 and the Armalite AR-10 308 rifles. Other than that noting is compatible between the manufacturers. Excluding some accessories. That is also why Rock River went with the FN Inch or Metric 7.62X51 Mags so it would not be proprietary and the owners could get them from various sources and at a reasonable price. Although the Inch mags seem to work best across the board. If Metric Mags are purchased be sure they are Mil-Spec Metrics.

Thank you for the info, I will relay this!

Much appreciated!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
I called Colt a couple days ago and asked if / when the adapter kit (adapter, and buffer parts) would be available.

The response I got from the Customer Service person was that they are in production, should be available "soon," and current owners "might" get their kit at no charge (he would have to escalate the call to a manager who would make that decision).

He wasn't sure if they would be included with new rifles or not.

As an update, I've taken mine to an indoor 50yd range a couple times... it's been a tack driver (albeit at only 50 yds). I've also recently added a Nikon M-308 scope, which has also been a pleasure to use, a Hogue grip, and a folding fore-grip.