RRA Predator Pursuit Forearm replacement... opinions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RRA Predator Pursuit Forearm replacement... opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default RRA Predator Pursuit Forearm replacement... opinions

I am preparing to buy my first AR15. I have decided on the RRA Predator Pursuit.

I mainly wanted this gun for varmit hunting and shooting fun... however I would like to add a couple of features, this is where I hit a snag.

The rifle comes with a smooth round Forearm... I want to mount a Flashlight, Vertical grip and a side sling swivel. Trying to decide how to purchace this with the correct features to meet my needs.

Not a big fan of the Rifle length 4 Rail forearms... RRA has a nice Tube called the "Half Quad aluminum Free Float".... http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id= 380

Only problem is they only make it for Mid Length.

Can you guys recommend a Forearm combination to meet my needs.

Thanks for the help!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #2

Yankee Hill Machine makes a fore arm that is drilled and tapped at 12, 3,6 and 9. You purchase the rails seperately in different lengths allowing you to add as you require, and the lengths can be "customized", to an extent. I have a rifle length unit, free floated not the two piece as well as several other items from the company on four AR's. Quality is excellent.

http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/forearms.html
Good luck.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #3

Jeepcreep,
Thanks for the response... do you know if you can order from rock River arms without a forearm to save that expense. I think you have a great idea, I'll take a look at Yankee Hill.

Do you have any experience with badger ordnance? I have heard that they have good quality as well.

Any idea where the best place to buy these things online is? I am hoping that I can order the rifle from Rock River without the forearm and by the additional components online. Thanks for your response. I appreciate the help!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #4

Hey I got CAA four rail system on my 9mm AR. You can cover the rails you don't use with rubber grips that hide the rails. I don't know if you looked at these yet, but I'm trying to help. If your interested, you can see my AR in my gallery.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:54 AM   #5

Kirby,
Thanks for the advice...

That's a nice collection you have there.

Regards,

Bruce

Old 03-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #6

I doubt RR will sell you a complete rifle minus the handguard, but I suppose it's worth a call. I suggested Yankee Hill as the price is as close to cheapest you'll find without buying junk. They make a two piece unit that is aluminum but you don't have replace the barrel nut or even remove the gas block/ sight base. Not sure what your comfort level is with tearing your rifle apart. Badger Ord. makes very nice stuff, but the tradeoff there is the pricetag. Some of their items will make you drool, but when you see the price, you wanna cry. Good luck.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-27-2008, 02:15 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Check out the V-Tac from JP rifles. Might just be what you need.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.4.php

Old 05-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=bmorrisnc;19639]"I am preparing to buy my first AR15. I have decided on the RRA Predator Pursuit.

I mainly wanted this gun for varmit hunting and shooting fun... however I would like to add a couple of features, this is where I hit a snag.

The rifle comes with a smooth round Forearm... I want to mount a Flashlight, Vertical grip and a side sling swivel. Trying to decide how to purchace this with the correct features to meet my needs."

I bought an RRA and a DPMS. The DPMS has the same type forearm that comes standard with your Predator Pursuit. I believe you will need a special armorers spanner type wrench to remove that forend since it doesnt attach with a Delta ring like the standard two piece AR forend. The tool will probably cost you more than the replacement forend. The tool I saw is more than a foot long and made of solid steel with a 1/2" knock-out to accomodate a ratchet or breaker-bar, which you just may need to remove that tube. I saw a tri-rail that mounts on the flat top in a magazine recently.. It accomodates 2 rail mounted accessories on either side of the receiver as well as optics on the top rail. I don't remember where I saw it however...maybe it was in Cheaper than Dirt, I don't know how you would mount a vertical grip, since the bi-pod rail adapters mount inside the standard two-piece forends, and there is no accomodation for such on the round aluminum tubes...I noticed the Predator has a sling stud under the forend to allow a bipod to be mounted with no special adapter. You might consider a bipod instead of the foregrip. For varmint shooting I would think a bipod would be more useful than a vertical grip....

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-12-2008 at 02:42 AM.