Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RRA- Lousy customer service IMO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 227 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default RRA- Lousy customer service IMO

So at the beginning of the summer I ordered a RRA "Elite Operator" for $1000. Basically a non-milspec AR-15 with many extras. Ambi sling setup, chrome BCG, a stock I like, two-stage trigger, flip sights, etc, etc. They were pushing it pretty hard for all the "extras" you would receive, and thus it was backordered by 60-90 days. I figured it would make a nice range rifle to throw a scope on, and was swayed by the easy cleaning chrome BCG on a (already heavy) range only rifle.

A couple weeks ago I received my rifle (after maybe 130 days...no biggie there). No chrome BCG. They went ahead and downgraded that (a $40 downgrade based on their own prices) without any notice, adjustment in pricing, etc. My LGS called them, and essentially their response was "we're out of chrome BCGs, so you'll take what we give you and like it". No discount in pricing, no throw in an extra mag or two...just, "we'll feel free to sell you on exhibit A, deliver B, and help ourselves to 100% of your money".

I went ahead and paid for it. I didn't want to saddle my LGS with this headache. And the truth is, the rifle is fine. The BCG isn't really a huge deal, even though it truly was a selling point in my own personal equation. But I don't appreciate a company that feels free to accept an order, then downgrade the options they promised, and collect full $$ with a "tough sh!t" attitude.

RRA will not receive another dollar from me, as well as a number of my friends. That's a shame, because their product is better than that.

Last edited by sweeper22; 11-17-2012 at 04:45 PM.
shadecorp Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #2

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Woah, talk about bait and switch. Thank you for the warning.

shadecorp Likes This 
Old 11-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Here's another warning: Surplus Planet 360! My God! Lots of luck with that unprofessional, discourteous company. Even luck won't help. I'm still waiting on my order fully paid for since the middle of September. I am now in the middle of November. No contact list. No phone number. No response from email. Nothing. 11 bad reviews on BBB. I'm still out the money and merchandise.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #4

Liked 948 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 941

Man that IS lousy treatment by RRA, Sweeper... I wouldn't expect that of them.

I wouldn't let it drop, I bet enough "encouragement" via email, phone calls and asking to speak to Tier 1 or a manager or whatever they call someone with authority might get you a refund for the BCG or something to offset the $40.

Good luck on getting some kind of reimbursement! Let us know...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Woah, talk about bait and switch. Thank you for the warning.

Bait and switch precisely.

Honestly, how huge of a deal is a chrome BCG? It's not a deal breaker. I'm sure the rifle will serve me fine. But notify the customer (during the 4 month wait) of downgrading something so prominently advertised as a key selling point, or throw in something extra like mags or a sling to compensate.

The "take it and like it, we're entitled to your money" stance is nothing short of unprofessional and undeserving of future business.
People Like This 
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

You PAID for the chrome BCG, you should GET the chrome BCG. That's BS man don't let it drop, keep on them and keep going up the food chain till you get some results.

How big a deal is the chrome BCG over non-chrome? Probably not a huge deal other than you paid for it and were expecting to get it.

Not the first negative customer service complaint about RRA that I've heard in the last few weeks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
So at the beginning of the summer I ordered a RRA "Elite Operator" for $1000. Basically a non-milspec AR-15 with many extras. Ambi sling setup, chrome BCG, a stock I like, two-stage trigger, flip sights, etc, etc. They were pushing it pretty hard for all the "extras" you would receive, and thus it was backordered by 60-90 days. I figured it would make a nice range rifle to throw a scope on, and was swayed by the easy cleaning chrome BCG on a (already heavy) range only rifle.

A couple weeks ago I received my rifle (after maybe 130 days...no biggie there). No chrome BCG. They went ahead and downgraded that (a $40 downgrade based on their own prices) without any notice, adjustment in pricing, etc. My LGS called them, and essentially their response was "we're out of chrome BCGs, so you'll take what we give you and like it". No discount in pricing, no throw in an extra mag or two...just, "we'll feel free to sell you on exhibit A, deliver B, and help ourselves to 100% of your money".

I went ahead and paid for it. I didn't want to saddle my LGS with this headache. And the truth is, the rifle is fine. The BCG isn't really a huge deal, even though it truly was a selling point in my own personal equation. But I don't appreciate a company that feels free to accept an order, then downgrade the options they promised, and collect full $$ with a "tough sh!t" attitude.

RRA will not receive another dollar from me, as well as a number of my friends. That's a shame, because their product is better than that.
Sweeper22,I hate to hear about the BCG change on your rifle. RRA should own up on the mistake,and make good on the Chrome BCG.

But,You did go ahead and buy the rifle without personally contacting RRA about this,and asking to speak to someone in charge there.
Therefore,I really don't feel like you have a big reason to bad mouth them. You made the choice to accept a rifle that wasn't made to the specs that the mfg. specified.
Hopefully,RRA will make good on this for you.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
But,You did go ahead and buy the rifle without personally contacting RRA about this,and asking to speak to someone in charge there.
Uh...no. LGS called them prior to transfer. I spoke with them as well. Got transferred from one person to the next, all the while being told "tough, you get what we give you".

Paying for it was my decision. Giving bad service was theirs. That's plenty of reason to bad mouth them. If this situation doesn't demonstrate a clear lack of integrity, I don't know what does.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #9

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

sweeper I know someone that works there. Let me give him a shout and see if he may be able to help. I'll let you know.

*edit* I talked to my inside connection. He said they stopped the chrome BCG a while ago and announced it on the website. So it was probably after you ordered it. He said ask for someone in the sales department but that doesn't mean they will refund the difference. B.S. but I guess they have that choice for now.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Last edited by silverado113; 11-20-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #10

I have a RRA ar15 with the chrome BCG. Sure it looks good but just like all BGC's they will eventually need to be cleaned after every use