Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   RRA- Lousy customer service IMO (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/rra-lousy-customer-service-imo-76566/)

sweeper22 11-17-2012 04:42 PM

RRA- Lousy customer service IMO

So at the beginning of the summer I ordered a RRA "Elite Operator" for $1000. Basically a non-milspec AR-15 with many extras. Ambi sling setup, chrome BCG, a stock I like, two-stage trigger, flip sights, etc, etc. They were pushing it pretty hard for all the "extras" you would receive, and thus it was backordered by 60-90 days. I figured it would make a nice range rifle to throw a scope on, and was swayed by the easy cleaning chrome BCG on a (already heavy) range only rifle.

A couple weeks ago I received my rifle (after maybe 130 days...no biggie there). No chrome BCG. They went ahead and downgraded that (a $40 downgrade based on their own prices) without any notice, adjustment in pricing, etc. My LGS called them, and essentially their response was "we're out of chrome BCGs, so you'll take what we give you and like it". No discount in pricing, no throw in an extra mag or two...just, "we'll feel free to sell you on exhibit A, deliver B, and help ourselves to 100% of your money".

I went ahead and paid for it. I didn't want to saddle my LGS with this headache. And the truth is, the rifle is fine. The BCG isn't really a huge deal, even though it truly was a selling point in my own personal equation. But I don't appreciate a company that feels free to accept an order, then downgrade the options they promised, and collect full $$ with a "tough sh!t" attitude.

RRA will not receive another dollar from me, as well as a number of my friends. That's a shame, because their product is better than that.

AgentTikki 11-17-2012 04:55 PM

Woah, talk about bait and switch. Thank you for the warning.

PanBaccha 11-17-2012 05:53 PM

Here's another warning: Surplus Planet 360! My God! Lots of luck with that unprofessional, discourteous company. Even luck won't help. I'm still waiting on my order fully paid for since the middle of September. I am now in the middle of November. No contact list. No phone number. No response from email. Nothing. 11 bad reviews on BBB. :mad: I'm still out the money and merchandise.

Quentin 11-17-2012 06:31 PM

Man that IS lousy treatment by RRA, Sweeper... I wouldn't expect that of them.

I wouldn't let it drop, I bet enough "encouragement" via email, phone calls and asking to speak to Tier 1 or a manager or whatever they call someone with authority might get you a refund for the BCG or something to offset the $40.

Good luck on getting some kind of reimbursement! Let us know...

sweeper22 11-17-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 1017803)
Woah, talk about bait and switch. Thank you for the warning.

Bait and switch precisely.

Honestly, how huge of a deal is a chrome BCG? It's not a deal breaker. I'm sure the rifle will serve me fine. But notify the customer (during the 4 month wait) of downgrading something so prominently advertised as a key selling point, or throw in something extra like mags or a sling to compensate.

The "take it and like it, we're entitled to your money" stance is nothing short of unprofessional and undeserving of future business.

ZeusEcho 11-18-2012 02:08 PM

You PAID for the chrome BCG, you should GET the chrome BCG. That's BS man don't let it drop, keep on them and keep going up the food chain till you get some results.

How big a deal is the chrome BCG over non-chrome? Probably not a huge deal other than you paid for it and were expecting to get it.

Not the first negative customer service complaint about RRA that I've heard in the last few weeks.

Txhillbilly 11-20-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 1017789)
So at the beginning of the summer I ordered a RRA "Elite Operator" for $1000. Basically a non-milspec AR-15 with many extras. Ambi sling setup, chrome BCG, a stock I like, two-stage trigger, flip sights, etc, etc. They were pushing it pretty hard for all the "extras" you would receive, and thus it was backordered by 60-90 days. I figured it would make a nice range rifle to throw a scope on, and was swayed by the easy cleaning chrome BCG on a (already heavy) range only rifle.

A couple weeks ago I received my rifle (after maybe 130 days...no biggie there). No chrome BCG. They went ahead and downgraded that (a $40 downgrade based on their own prices) without any notice, adjustment in pricing, etc. My LGS called them, and essentially their response was "we're out of chrome BCGs, so you'll take what we give you and like it". No discount in pricing, no throw in an extra mag or two...just, "we'll feel free to sell you on exhibit A, deliver B, and help ourselves to 100% of your money".

I went ahead and paid for it. I didn't want to saddle my LGS with this headache. And the truth is, the rifle is fine. The BCG isn't really a huge deal, even though it truly was a selling point in my own personal equation. But I don't appreciate a company that feels free to accept an order, then downgrade the options they promised, and collect full $$ with a "tough sh!t" attitude.

RRA will not receive another dollar from me, as well as a number of my friends. That's a shame, because their product is better than that.

Sweeper22,I hate to hear about the BCG change on your rifle. RRA should own up on the mistake,and make good on the Chrome BCG.

But,You did go ahead and buy the rifle without personally contacting RRA about this,and asking to speak to someone in charge there.
Therefore,I really don't feel like you have a big reason to bad mouth them. You made the choice to accept a rifle that wasn't made to the specs that the mfg. specified.
Hopefully,RRA will make good on this for you.

sweeper22 11-20-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1020532)
But,You did go ahead and buy the rifle without personally contacting RRA about this,and asking to speak to someone in charge there.

Uh...no. LGS called them prior to transfer. I spoke with them as well. Got transferred from one person to the next, all the while being told "tough, you get what we give you".

Paying for it was my decision. Giving bad service was theirs. That's plenty of reason to bad mouth them. If this situation doesn't demonstrate a clear lack of integrity, I don't know what does.

silverado113 11-20-2012 04:52 PM

sweeper I know someone that works there. Let me give him a shout and see if he may be able to help. I'll let you know.

*edit* I talked to my inside connection. He said they stopped the chrome BCG a while ago and announced it on the website. So it was probably after you ordered it. He said ask for someone in the sales department but that doesn't mean they will refund the difference. B.S. but I guess they have that choice for now.

ZombiHunter 11-20-2012 05:11 PM

I have a RRA ar15 with the chrome BCG. Sure it looks good but just like all BGC's they will eventually need to be cleaned after every use