Rra Eop

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rra Eop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rra Eop

I have a Rock River Arms varmint EOP (elevated optical position). I am looking for a set of iron sights that will work. I do have a small piccany rail on the gas block. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

The EOP upper was designed for mounting scopes,not open sights. I don't know if anyone makes a set that will work on an EOP upper,but you never know,someone might. You would have to have a very tall front sight for them to work.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 11-22-2008, 01:19 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't know of a set either. You are probably looking at a custom set, if you want to go that route.

The EOP upper was designed for scope duty, shooting a varmints a fw hundred yards out. Not really ideal for close up, room to room work.

JD

Old 11-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #4

Default RRA EOP iron sights

Thanks a bunch you guys. I kind of knew it was a long shot, I just wanted them for home defense. I have a 20 inch RRR varmint and I just wanted to take the scope off and use it for home defense. Thanks again for the replies.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Get a heads up unit that you can mount to that high rail, then dial the sights up to force the barrel down for close in work.

It's not ideal, but then again, neither is going room to room with a 20" bull barrel.

Or, you can get yourself a different upper altogether and slap it on when you have the unit at home.

JD

Old 11-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #6

Default Rra Eop

Thanks a bunch for the info Dillinger. I'm kind of new to the AR scene. Has anyone had any experiance with the PS-90 upper? I have the chance to pick one up for real cheap.