Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RRA 2 stage trigger, Chrome vs. NON chrome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default RRA 2 stage trigger, Chrome vs. NON chrome

I'm thinking of trying to get a RRA two stage trigger. Can anyone please comment on what they like or don't like about them. What are the diferent characteristics from the chrome to the non chrome trigger? Are they both a 3.5 lb. pull.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 452

I have 2 guns with the RRA NM trigger. I have always liked them,and they have performed flawlessly.
Some diehard mil-spec AR guys might think differently of them,but to me they are a great trigger.
Mine have a solid 1st stage stop,and a very light 2nd stage.Both are smooth pulling,and have very little creep or over travel.

Both of mine are the non-chromed triggers,I don't know about the plated version.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4483 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 255

the only diff tween the two versions is one is shiny and a little easier to clean.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #4

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

i think the RRA 2 Stage is an excellent trigger, very smooth and breaks crisply

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1809 Times on 928 Posts
Likes Given: 974

Suzy,

The Rock River 2 Stage NM Trigger is actually a 4 1/2 lb NM trigger. They have to measure that due to the fact they use them at Camp Perry for the National Competition and it specifies a 4 1/2 lb. overall trigger pull to be legal for the match. They have 1 Lb on the First Stage = (Free Travel). And as you stated 3 1/2 lbs on the Second Stage. (Let Off) And as Jon stated the only difference is one is obviously Chromed and the other is not.
Either one is a fine trigger! I guess if you want the chrome for cosmetics that would be good. Some buy into the chrome is smoother? Questionable at best! When the standard one laps in at about 300 rounds they are smooth as silk. When you first get them they are actually around a 4 3/4 lb. But lap in at the specifications above being 1 lb and 3 1/2 lbs. As I said both are great triggers. I have them also in most of my other ARs.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

well. it sounds like the trigger to get then. Thank you for each of your posts. Nice of Sniper03 to give the specifics on it. .