Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Roll mark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

My personal favorite is the spartan 15 lower

Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #12

Liked 58 Times on 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07

HUH homeboy need to lay off the chronic.

What in the world does a roll mark have to do with shooting a perp in your house. If you have to worry about that maybe you shouldn't have shot the dude to begin with.

This is just like the OH I only buy SD pistol ammo because some day some where I might get sued because I shot a guy with a hand load.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.
If you don't think a prosecuting attorney would bring up the skull logo'd assault weapon owner just waiting to use deadly force argument, you my friend need to pass next time around.

It doesn't have to make sense to you. Just a jury of your peers. I doubt the jury will be made up of firearms talk subscribers.

BTW, you may want to change your name to something less incriminating.... Gunnut. LOL.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:53 AM   #13

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I like ATI & LMT Billet receivers

Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #14

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 931

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoToe1 View Post
If you don't think a prosecuting attorney would bring up the skull logo'd assault weapon owner just waiting to use deadly force argument, you my friend need to pass next time around.

It doesn't have to make sense to you. Just a jury of your peers. I doubt the jury will be made up of firearms talk subscribers.

BTW, you may want to change your name to something less incriminating.... Gunnut. LOL.
I think there's enough truth in this to be concerned - i.e. how far do you want to push it with a rollmark or an ejection port cover engraving. Do you really want to hand the prosecuting attorney any ammo to use against you? Of course everybody has to make their own decisions and hopefully a justified shooting is a justified shooting even after the jury examines your rifle.

Now why did I get that Valkyrie skull on my last lower?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #15

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

A good shoot is a good shoot. End of story. Again if you think a marking on a firearm is your problem maybe you shouldn't have shot the guy. Please provide any supporting real life evidence to the thinking that a logo on a gun will get you put in prison.

As for my screen name well I would rather have mine then one that degrades women like yours. I guess if just goes to show your mentality.

Also because you haven't figured it out. If I am in court for a shooting I plan to have the best attorney in the state sitting next to me. He would take your roll mark argument that I am some kind of thug wanna be and point out my years of exemplary military service. My years of volunteer work with my church and throughout the community. He would point out that all of my kids were raised in a loving home and they all went on to be successful upstanding citizens in their communities. He would also point out that I have never had a single speeding ticket or moving violation since I started driving and point out that I am a superb upstanding person.

I have yet to see any case where a shoot was deemed bad because of a stupid mark on a gun. I will back down from this if you provide hard proof that in any state at any time in the last 30 years this has happened.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #16

I do not have any case law to back up my concern, but thats not to say it isn't out there. It was something I thought of the other day and thought it warranted discussion. My ar is not my SD weapon, it's my hunting rifle, so it's not going anywhere.

You may be right about the forum name. As in most posts around here, you have given more thought to it, than the topic.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #17

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Just look at the way they will think of it. Just by seeing there reaction in the past. OMG a pistol grip it must be radio active. OMG a skull it must be able to summon the dead.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #18

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoToe1 View Post
I do not have any case law to back up my concern, but thats not to say it isn't out there. It was something I thought of the other day and thought it warranted discussion. My ar is not my SD weapon, it's my hunting rifle, so it's not going anywhere.

You may be right about the forum name. As in most posts around here, you have given more thought to it, than the topic.
So you have no proof to back up your claim. You then get pissed and start personal attacks because your mad you don't have any proof. Where as my proof is that there are no cases where a mark on a gun has cause someone to go to prison.

Let me guess you voted for obama as well didn't you? Cause you argue just like a liberal. That is not a personal attack it is what I noticed from your posts in this tread.

Next thing you know your going to be touting that if you don't use the 'CHART' you will go to prison for a good shoot as well.

Tell me how many times have you drawn a gun in Self Defense? I know I have done it a few times even having to take a mans life once never wish to do that again. So come talk to me when you can compare notes.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #19

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Quote:
Most of mine have been built using DPMS and RRA lowers. My guy can get them for me cheap mainly because when I order one I order 4 or 5 more. Then I spend my days building Ar's for my family kids, brothers, aunts who ever. I give them away like candy.....
Whoever? Give away like candy?
Hmmm, can i have some candy?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #20

Quote:

So you have no proof to back up your claim. You then get pissed and start personal attacks because your mad you don't have any proof. Where as my proof is that there are no cases where a mark on a gun has cause someone to go to prison.

Never made a claim, never got pissed. I proposed a question. A question that made you upset to the point you inferred I was smoking dope. I restated my concern and addressed your accusation of marijuana use...

Let me guess you voted for obama as well didn't you? Cause you argue just like a liberal. That is not a personal attack it is what I noticed from your posts in this tread.

Really getting off subject here, but I'll address it. No, voted for Romney... Didn't work out, but I'm dealing with it. I suggest you do the same, before you go off on a political rant and it makes you look foolish... Uhhh, too late.

Next thing you know your going to be touting that if you don't use the 'CHART' you will go to prison for a good shoot as well.

Again, never said anything about going to prison for the symbol on my gun. I'll restate it like this:
-if you were my defense attorney and all other things were equal, would you rather my lower had a skull on it or M&P 15? Is the question so absurd that its not worth asking?

Tell me how many times have you drawn a gun in Self Defense? I know I have done it a few times even having to take a mans life once never wish to do that again. So come talk to me when you can compare notes.
Never had to and hopefully never will. I'm sorry for your experience. Why don't you use your personal experience and help the rest of us understand what is important so we are better prepared.

I think if you re-read the thread, you'll see that I wasn't stating a fact but opening a discussion. a discussion that quickly became something personal to you.