Rock River tactical Entry AR15 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rock River tactical Entry AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

I am gonna keep the M1 for sure. but the Ruger P944 has got to go, It just flat out doesn't fit my hands right. If I don't sell all my 40S&W with it I think I want to get a Beretta Storm, an XD or maybe an HK USP. But I'm kinda thinking of getting out of .40 S&W platform for good and spending the money on more .45 ACP and getting a nice 1911 and maybe even giving the Storm or XD a shot in .45 ACP. I'm trading my only .45, a 1943 Ballester Molina for a mint 1917 Eddystone, hell of deal.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #22

A guy posted an FAL as "Inch pattern FAL (L1A1/R1A1) assault rifle" worth that be worth a straight up trade for an m1 Carbine or are they junk???

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
A guy posted an FAL as "Inch pattern FAL (L1A1/R1A1) assault rifle" worth that be worth a straight up trade for an m1 Carbine or are they junk???
Who makes it? They are produced by several makers and not all the same quality.

What caliber?

How many rounds through it?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #24

Didn't say how many rounds. But its a Century arms .308.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
Didn't say how many rounds. But its a Century arms .308.
Don't you think you might want to know how many rounds the guy has got through it?

Century arms isn't known as the "BMW" of the gun world, if you know what I mean.

You want the .308 semi auto? Check the number of rounds and go for it.

The FAL is a great design, that has withstood the test of time, and it's a very reliable platform.

Accuracy - Eh, not so much in my personal experience.... But, Minute of Bad Guy? All day long....

JD

Old 08-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #26

I haven't really talked to the guy yet, he just sent me an email. Whats to say hes gonna tell the truth on rounds anyway. U think the FAL will get more valuable or stay the same???

Old 08-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would still say, keep the M1. If the FAL was from DSArms or Entreprise, I would probably do it, depending on condition of the piece.

Most of the Century pieces were hit or miss as far as how well they were put together, quality control, etc. They would probably be far down the list of what I might take in a trade. However, you might get lucky and get one that they took time putting together, and all of the parts line up correctly, barrel is still in good shape, FCG works the way it should, and little to no slop in the action. Then again...."pigs could fly" first. It's anyone's guess, but I would definitely have it checked by someone knowledgeable before making the trade.

Also depends on what shape your M1 is in, too.

Slo

Old 08-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #28

OK, I've decided for sure to hold on to the M1 Carbine. I traded my Ballester-Molina for a really nice 1917 Eddystone Enfield (June 1918), its in excellent condition. I also think I found a buyer for my Ruger P944 Special Edition and 40 S&W ammo. NOW, the question is what .45 do I buy???? I'm leaning towards a Springfield 1911a1 G.I. Stainless that this guy has for $500. Its in great shape, low rounds. But I'm also interested in an XDm or a HK (both more expensive). What do you guys think??? And does anyone know if the Springfield GI models have removable sights so I can get Tritium sights???