Rock River tactical Entry AR15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rock River tactical Entry AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Rock River tactical Entry AR15

I was offered a Rock River Tactical Entry AR15 in trade for my Ruger P944 and 1943 Standard Products M1 carbine (All GI parts 1943 dated inland barrel). Should I do it, am I getting ripped off??? Is it a good gun???? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks as always fellas.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Can we get a couple of pictures of the weapons you are going to trade??

JD

Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #3

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 AM   #4

Thats all i have on the computer at the moment. and my 4 month old bouncing on my lap is preventing me from loading more.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 AM   #5

How about the configuration on the AR-15?

The base price right now is $1100, give or take a few bucks.

The Ruger is worth, about, what? $380 to $400 dollars??

The price on the carbine is going to be subjective to what someone is willing to pay for that particular piece of history.

Aside from the history factor - I would say, given the configuration of the AR, it's about a wash in my book.

Then again, I am not really a fan of the M1 Carbine platform - *shrug*

The final decision is going to have to be yours concerning what YOU value the M1 at...

JD

Old 08-20-2009, 01:08 AM   #6

I've already had 2 offers for $475 on the P944, its the special edition and apparently people like it, I paid $440 B4 tax new and bought 2 mags for it. I bought the M1 for $650 from a friend.

As far as i can tell its the base model with the tactical carry handle, I haven't got my hands on it yet.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Like JD said it's probably an even trade - depends on how much you want the RRA. Be advised the Entry Tactical is a 1:9 twist R-4 heavy barrel rated by RRA as a 1" moa gun, not their .75" moa rated 1:8 twist heavy barrel. It comes well equipped with the Hogue grip, detacheable carry handle, flash hider, and .223/5.56 chambering. If I already had an AR-15 I wouldn't trade - the M-1 will continue to accrue value over the years. If I needed an AR-15, the M-1 and Ruger would be gone in a heartbeat.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #8

See that's where I'm at, I have no AR15 and I want to get one b4 they are gone or else I could wait. The only reason I'm really second guessing it is because I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to AR's and I don't wanna get screwed. The other issue is the M1 Carbine is really nice and the Standard Products are a little bit rarer, no to mention its all GI parts-BUT I've also been having problems with it......so....... I hate making decisions.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:48 AM   #9

Gonzo - I don't know your personal situation, but there is NO REASON to trade off your M1 Carbine in trade for an AR if you are worried about SHTF.

Personally, for me, if you like your carbine - and you can live with the "mystery/fantasy" of the AR platform for another 6 to 10 months, I would cancel this trade with the swiftness.

AR prices have dropped 30% since about December of last year.

By December of THIS year, I expect them to be back to a much more reasonable rate.

But that is my "expectation" of the market based on past performance...

JD

Old 08-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #10

Dillinger....you are not helping Based on your first response I was all for the AR.......now....not so sure.......