rock river? how much to pay used?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > rock river? how much to pay used?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default rock river? how much to pay used?

I do not know much about ar15, a guy at work has one for sale I do not know the model but it has the Handel. Seems to be in good shape just a little scratched not bad, it says law enforcement only on it, comes with a cheap scope... He is asking 500 no less he came down from 700... Is it worth it? Sorry about selling I'm on my phone

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticGunner View Post
I do not know much about ar15, a guy at work has one for sale I do not know the model but it has the Handel. Seems to be in good shape just a little scratched not bad, it says law enforcement only on it, comes with a cheap scope... He is asking 500 no less he came down from 700... Is it worth it? Sorry about selling I'm on my phone
i would say if it's in decent shape and functions properly, definately worth the price. sounds like an A2 model if the upper has the built in carrying handle. i would buy it based on what i said.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

You would be lucky to get a used m&p for that price.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That is a great price for a Good AR. I would take that.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #5

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Price sounds very good, but I'd have him meet you at the range with it and take it for a 'test drive', with a mix of steel and brass ammo to make sure it has no issues. Last thing you want to do is buy a 'bargain' and find out it needs three or four hundred in work. (Not knocking the rifle, just how I'd do it. I would not be interested in buying someone else problem child.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Right now AR's are very hard to come by due to the "pre-election panic". If it is truely a complete Rock River Arms rifle, it's well worth $500. As stated above, be sure to test fire the thing first to make sure it cycles right and has all the working parts it needs. Don't worry too much about the sights or the cheap scope at this point, that can all be corrected if the gun shoots like it should. Rock River makes good AR's!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Well if it doesn't feed steel don't knock it down and say its broken... Yes there are things you can do to help steel preform better but some guns just eat the stuff like candy and others want to vomit the stuff up... I FINALLY broke down and bought 60rds of steel 223 that I will run through my RRA next week.. Hope all goes good! Real reason I want to shoot some steel is the range by my house doesn't let me shoot FMJ and soft point brass is like 12 bucks a box.. Steel I got is HP so I can shoot this there.. I live 45 miles from the closest range that I can shoot FMJ so it pays even at 12 a box to stay local...

Btw if your not a cop and he is and it's made for LE only check into your local laws before handing him any money.. Might be trouble to start before you shoot it... Here in nys I can't buy one off a cop friend if it's got any evil stuff like collapsible stock.. Etc...

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #8

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

One other thing: If it shoots reliably but doesn't care for steel? It could be something like the BCG needs to be upgraded to a FA, or the buffer needs to be changed out. If it shoots brass fine and dandy, that is NOT a deal killer, especially if you want a plinker. You can tweak around an allergy to steel.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

thanks for the info guys, I do believe it is a A1 with a collapsible stock, Like I said it does have miner scratches but nut bad, It also comes with 3 30 round mags and the ar15 is preban not sure is that makes a difference?
I am pondering buying it now, I was not in the market I am more in to hand guns but a deal is a deal and man that thing looks sweet lol....

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #10

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticGunner View Post
thanks for the info guys, I do believe it is a A1 with a collapsible stock, Like I said it does have miner scratches but nut bad, It also comes with 3 30 round mags and the ar15 is preban not sure is that makes a difference?
I am pondering buying it now, I was not in the market I am more in to hand guns but a deal is a deal and man that thing looks sweet lol....
If that baby truely is a pre ban I would hop all over it , people are paying stupid prices for preban lowers.

After a little bit of research I did find this , so chances of being a pre ban " 94" arent great

Quote:
Google search reveals that the company was founded in 1994 but Wiki states that the co. didnt start manufacturing AR15s under the RRA name until 1997.

Last edited by purehavoc; 04-30-2012 at 04:03 PM.