Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Rock River Arms in stock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/rock-river-arms-stock-78517/)

ScottA 12-15-2012 04:29 PM

Rock River Arms in stock

My nephew just purchased an RRA coyote rifle from this guy. He was directed there by someone at RRA.

http://pkfirearms.com

It's looks like they have quite a few RRA rifles in stock along with several other hard to find manufacturers.

Get 'em while you can.

aandabooks 12-15-2012 05:46 PM

Are the RRAs hard to find? My LGS had 4-5 on the shelf Friday. I'm finally ready to buy an AR but the RRA is top of my budget.

ScottA 12-15-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1052616)
Are the RRAs hard to find? My LGS had 4-5 on the shelf Friday. I'm finally ready to buy an AR but the RRA is top of my budget.

Backorders in many places are running out as far as 6 months.

nitro123 12-27-2012 02:04 AM

Will the ban stop an order that is paid for?

I purchased a RRA 6.8 SPC in early December and have an order number. I also ordered a 223 upper from RRA to swap out on the rifle for just target shooting and then using the 6.8 SPC for hunting season.

With a possible ban on AR-15's will I still receive my rifle and upper if the ban is put into place prior to my rifle and upper being built and shipped?

Jpyle 12-27-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitro123 (Post 1067505)
I purchased a RRA 6.8 SPC in early December and have an order number. I also ordered a 223 upper from RRA to swap out on the rifle for just target shooting and then using the 6.8 SPC for hunting season.

With a possible ban on AR-15's will I still receive my rifle and upper if the ban is put into place prior to my rifle and upper being built and shipped?

Impossible to know...no one knows what will be banned or how the ban will be implemented. Constitutionally you cannot retroactively make something illegal but this Admin doesn't really seem to care about the Constitution and I'm not betting on this Court either.

nitro123 12-27-2012 02:19 AM

Well that is extremely unfortunate to hear. I spent quite a bit of money on the rifle and the upper because I wanted to have a high quality rifle for multiple purposes (practice shooting and hunting) and the RRA 6.8 and 223 were perfect for that. I am not happy with our current administration and how they feel the constitution can be just shreaded whenever they feel.

I am a responsible firearm owner and use them properly and I don't know why this government feels to take that away or at least restrict that.

I just purchased an XD 9 mm and have an FN 40 caliber pistol that I enjoy target shooting with.

Any suggestions on a multi role target shooting and hunting firearm if my orders are cancelled by the government?

SSGSF 12-27-2012 02:26 AM

Their website is shut down and they say aren't even taking calls unless you have already placed an order.

nitro123 12-27-2012 02:32 AM

Well I placed my order in December for the 223 upper before all the Conneticut chaos and the order for the full 6.8 SPC rifle I ordered just after Thanksgiving. I am hoping they can get it built and shipped asap.

Would the SOCOM II be outlawed under the ban due to the detatchable magazine?

ScottA 12-27-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitro123 (Post 1067546)
Well I placed my order in December for the 223 upper before all the Conneticut chaos and the order for the full 6.8 SPC rifle I ordered just after Thanksgiving. I am hoping they can get it built and shipped asap.

Would the SOCOM II be outlawed under the ban due to the detatchable magazine?

We're not sure at this point, but don't rule anything out.

Ross_The_Boss13 12-28-2012 05:19 PM

Bought a rra lar-8 308 with a 26" bull barrel in November and they told me when I bought it they had just moved the delivery date to 4 months so there way behind because of the increase in gun orders