Rock River Arms Orders
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rock River Arms Orders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Rock River Arms Orders

I recently placed an order through Rock River Arms for a complete upper reciever. I was just wondering how long others have been waiting or had to wait for their order.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I ordered my RRA Elite Comp (complete rifle) in the first week of August, and finally received it last week. That was a six month wait when the advertised lead time (in August) was 2-3 months. It is a really nice AR, and I am very glad to finally have it in hand, but the wait was frustrating!

Have patience.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Agreed. You are going to be waiting a while bro.

Rock River was, at one point BEFORE the election 6,800 rifles BEHIND on production! I can't imagine that backlog got much lower with the buying frenzy that is out there.

Olympic Arms, local to us here, was running three shifts ( 24 x 5 ) to keep their backlog down and it still went over 5,000 units.

It's a crazy time in the gun market right now.

Put your patience hat on and settle in for a long wait. The good news is, at least you are in before the ban....

JD

Old 02-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenr19 View Post
I recently placed an order through Rock River Arms for a complete upper reciever. I was just wondering how long others have been waiting or had to wait for their order.
not that it's something you'll want to hear....but there are a few sites that have been getting them in pretty regularly, but they go fast (understatement of the year).

Do a search on here and you'll find the links. hint - first letter in their name starts with a 'p' and ends with a 'k'.

They've been a great place to pick up quite a few name brand items, ie - Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA, Stag, Sabre Defence complete uppers, lowers, and spare parts.

Excellent customer service and shipped usually same day. But you've got to be quick and check with them often. Still worth it to pick up emergency spare parts and repair parts for the long run.

Slo

Old 02-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #5

Default Still waiting

I put down for a RRA .308 about four weeks ago. Then I was told It could be anywhere between 6 months to a year before I might see it. But at the least it is bought and paid in full. Just got to be patient.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Friday we receive a RRA A2 at the gun shop I work at that was ordered prior to the Nov. election. We sold it Friday afternoon.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #7

I ordered all my parts (complete upper, stripped lower, lower partks kit, A2 stock, gas block) through Superior back in August of 08 and didn't get everything until December. Talk about being an antsy mess, my family and friends wanted to strangle me.

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware."

-Alan Korwin