Rock River Arms National Match A2 First Impressions - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Rock River Arms National Match A2 First Impressions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,561
Liked 7095 Times on 3770 Posts
Likes Given: 541

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronguyton View Post
I placed my order June 1. Some of the stuff I've been reading was a 3 to 4 month wait time. So 23 days seems very lucky.
depends on what you ordered. seems that everyone is having trouble keeping 16" barrels in stock. i thought i would be in for another long wait. took 120 days give or take a few for my 458 socom upper from them.
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WNC
Posts: 413
Liked 141 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
20 round aluminum milsurp
Agreed and that's my main plan.
But, I did break down and order some C Products 20 round straight mags.
Not crazy about black followers, but I like the overall look for that style rifle.
And Wideners has them for $6.99. C Products at Wideners


Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronguyton View Post
I placed my order June 1. Some of the stuff I've been reading was a 3 to 4 month wait time. So 23 days seems very lucky.
Yep. Or JonM got lucky. I still think he has a family member on the inside. He can deny it all he wants.
Seven is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northeast, AL
Posts: 327
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
depends on what you ordered. seems that everyone is having trouble keeping 16" barrels in stock. i thought i would be in for another long wait. took 120 days give or take a few for my 458 socom upper from them.
A2 Style 20" barrel with a chrome bcg. Nothing real special.
__________________
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .
cameronguyton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,561
Liked 7095 Times on 3770 Posts
Likes Given: 541

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronguyton View Post
A2 Style 20" barrel with a chrome bcg. Nothing real special.
you might want to call em with your order number. if you went through a dealer it can take a loooong time as sometimes dealers dont order right away or wait till they have enough special orders to make sitting at the phone or computer worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Agreed and that's my main plan.
But, I did break down and order some C Products 20 round straight mags.
Not crazy about black followers, but I like the overall look for that style rifle.
And Wideners has them for $6.99. C Products at Wideners
those look interesting at 7$ each not a bad price. gonna have to let us know how good they are
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 07-18-2011 at 11:41 PM.
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WNC
Posts: 413
Liked 141 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
those look interesting at 7$ each not a bad price. gonna have to let us know how good they are
Will do. tbh I've never had any problems with any C Product AR mag.
I really expect they'll be gtg.
Seven is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WNC
Posts: 413
Liked 141 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
those look interesting at 7$ each not a bad price. gonna have to let us know how good they [C Products 20rd straight mags] are
Got them today.
They look excellent like all the C Product mags I've bought in the past.
Gonna try to get to the range tomorrow. I'll let you know if there's any issues.


Rock River Arms National Match A2 First Impressions - AR-15 Discussion
Seven is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #17
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,561
Liked 7095 Times on 3770 Posts
Likes Given: 541

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Got them today.
They look excellent like all the C Product mags I've bought in the past.
Gonna try to get to the range tomorrow. I'll let you know if there's any issues.


Rock River Arms National Match A2 First Impressions - AR-15 Discussion
looks good from here!!
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Korey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Parkston,South Dakota
Posts: 81
Default

glad to hear they are good quality as expected with RRA I've been thinking about getting one as my bushmaster is a carbine length.
Will you be following up after first shooting it? I'm assuming it's great but only person local I can talk to is the dealer and talking to a dealer about issues and such is like asking a car dealer about issues on the car.
Korey is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:27 AM   #19
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,561
Liked 7095 Times on 3770 Posts
Likes Given: 541

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
glad to hear they are good quality as expected with RRA I've been thinking about getting one as my bushmaster is a carbine length.
Will you be following up after first shooting it? I'm assuming it's great but only person local I can talk to is the dealer and talking to a dealer about issues and such is like asking a car dealer about issues on the car.
i havent done a real range report yet as thursday was the first shoot with 55grn fmj today i didnt have much time as i was hosting a 22 shoot with winds of change. what little i did today its holding about 1.5 inch at 200 yds with the iron sights and 68grn bthp. twist rate is too fast for 55grn its doing like 5-6 inches at 200 with 55grn.

i should have time to do a real range report next saturday with 68grn 69grn and 75grn bthp.

it cycles like a hot knife through butter. about 100rounds downrange no problems.
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Korey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Parkston,South Dakota
Posts: 81
Default

that's what I like to hear, I'm very picky when it comes to guns
Korey is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Rock River Arms LAR 8 bigjimbo308 Gunsmithing Forum 2 01-18-2011 03:39 AM
Rock River Arms Mossyoakman3006 AR-15 Discussion 49 11-29-2010 05:24 PM
Rock River Arms, A+ twotwothree AR-15 Discussion 4 12-19-2009 02:00 PM
Rock River Arms Orders greenr19 AR-15 Discussion 6 02-27-2009 04:45 PM



Newest Threads