Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rock River Arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Yes, never take all of your firearms along on the annual FTF fishing trip and never, ever, let a guy named Gary into your home.
ok so 1 a boat full of firearms got suck. and 2 i assume by Gary. if im wrong sorry and sorry to those that lost a firearm. thats one thing i personally believe u can never have too many of and never want to loose, my condolences.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #32

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Wow. I am guilty as charged of consulting "the Chart" (along with countless hours of other research) before my latest AR purchase.
I didn't see it as insulting or degrading to any of the major makers listed. Just a helpful resource explaining what features do what and pointed out some models that had the features I desired. I then shopped around to see where I could get the most "bang for my buck".
I thought it very helpful, for example, that I could save hundreds of dollars and get every mil-spec feature by purchasing a BCM instead of Colt, Noveske, LMT, Daniel Defense etc. If thats what I wanted .
I went S&W because it was the best value for what I wanted and it had nearly all the features I desired. I was able to easily upgrade the ones wanted that it was lacking.
Don't know why everyone gets their pants in a twist whenever it's mentioned.
Its just another resource, not THE resource.
-------------------------------

RRA, DPMS, Olympic Arms, etc can and do make fine rifles. Just research what features you want vs price and shop around for the best deal you can find.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #33

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
You mean I've built my lower and not referred to this M4 CHART.....Lesson #4 Look at the M4 Chart so you can be absolutely positive that you have a MAN GUN!

I hope spikes tactical,brownells oversized mag button, bad lever and the dpms kit are on there somewhere....if its not I'm going to have a meltdown. Iv'e shared my innermost failings with you guys/gals and nobody mentioned "THE CHART". I suppose you were all going to let me build my first personalized,custom sweeetheart of a rifle and then gleefully tear it to shreds with laughter, criticism and snide remarks! This is an outrage. I'm requesting that the CHART be posted at the TOP OF THIS FORUM so us neophytes don't suffer demonization from you veteran builders. I can see it now...POST TO EVERYONE....PLINKERS GOT A FAG GUN!
Actually the guys you see endorsing the "chart" the most frown on building your own AR. Ive read that they think a garage gun is garbage. So I guess we all need to get out the sawzall.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 AM   #34

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
This is Gary getting ready to embark on the last fishing trip. Remember this face.
Is that the same Gary or is this a joke? I recently sold a firearm accessory to a Gary Bucci on another site and was curious but didnt take the time to check the spelling or look into it.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 AM   #35

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
I suppose you were all going to let me build my first personalized,custom sweeetheart of a rifle and then gleefully tear it to shreds with laughter, criticism and snide remarks!

I can see it now...POST TO EVERYONE....PLINKERS GOT A FAG GUN!
Yep, something like that ...... LOL at u!

PLINKERS GOT A FAG GUN!!! LOL at u smore

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #36

Me and my buddy just got the elite operator 2 and it is awesome!!

For what you get, the price is damn good in my opinion.

I put a fore grip on mine that has a bright tactical light and a laser and I couldn"t be happier.

If you don't want to do a build yet, you can't go wrong with this one

Old 08-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #37

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Is that the same Gary or is this a joke? I recently sold a firearm accessory to a Gary Bucci on another site and was curious but didnt take the time to check the spelling or look into it.
Be wary of anyone named Gary is the best advice I can give you.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #38

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Be wary of anyone named Gary is the best advice I can give you.
Advise well taken.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #39
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 989 Times on 565 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
This is Gary getting ready to embark on the last fishing trip. Remember this face.
Damn,He needs to fall off his motorcycle again!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #40

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 692

Quote:
You mean I've built my lower and not referred to this M4 CHART.....Lesson #4 Look at the M4 Chart so you can be absolutely positive that you have a MAN GUN!

I hope spikes tactical,brownells oversized mag button, bad lever and the dpms kit are on there somewhere....if its not I'm going to have a meltdown. Iv'e shared my innermost failings with you guys/gals and nobody mentioned "THE CHART". I suppose you were all going to let me build my first personalized,custom sweeetheart of a rifle and then gleefully tear it to shreds with laughter, criticism and snide remarks! This is an outrage. I'm requesting that the CHART be posted at the TOP OF THIS FORUM so us neophytes don't suffer demonization from you veteran builders. I can see it now...POST TO EVERYONE....PLINKERS GOT A FAG GUN!
556plinker, don't worry your lower should be fine. And no one here is trying to set you up or laugh at you. As you can see in this thread the M4 chart is controversial so sometimes we're hesitant to bring it up at first but we do stress that you research, research, research before going the route of building or buying a complete AR. If you read stickies and other threads on the AR you will find pretty much all you need to know, but that's just it - you have to dig a little. Definitely start with the ones from Slo and JD.

People here do give excellent advice, but the thing is you can get excellent but conflicting advice from different people who are knowledgeable. No one's trying to lead you astray, that's just the way it is just like you'll find Ford and Chevy guys. In fact that's a great way to learn, you listen to everyone and get yourself up to speed then make up your own mind.

Anyway, no big deal as long as you do your homework. Of course ask questions, analyze the answers and choose the answers that work best for you and you'll end up with a great rifle. If you're lazy, well that's on you. (That's a generalization of all new people, not you specifically).