Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Rock River (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/rock-river-66402/)

Murfdog 06-14-2012 02:01 PM

Rock River

I was just wondering what you ar guys thought about the rock river operator2 for around $950 I know most of you build your own,is this pretty good for my first ar.

Murfdog

JonM 06-14-2012 02:14 PM

Only issue i have with rra is they dont tellyou what the parts are made of.

I own two rra uppers and one of their lowers. Stupid accurate guns. I have had parts breakages on the internals in my lower. Im not terribly gentle on my guns. Broken safety and broken bolt catch. Both were mim parts.

Ive got two of their chrome bcg easy to clean not staked that well but staked. No idea if they are mp inspected and they arent shot peened.

Does that bother me?? no. Those guns arent getting run hard. If i was going to run my rra hard i would upgrade the lpk and bcg.

I think some rra stuff is a little pricier than it needs to be but its good quality for a gun that wont be going to carbine classes or getting run hard and hot. If i want accuracy at a good price point rra is it.

Just dont order an rra from a distributer the wait tends to be forever and a year. Much faster if you orderthe upper from rra but you tendto pay a little more going through the website.

If you call rra they will customize your order more so than whats available on their website.

MikeJK 06-14-2012 02:27 PM

Well, lock this thread. No need for further response. :)

armed1212 06-14-2012 02:30 PM

I have the a4 , and love it. Great ar cant beat the life time warrenty. I found mine for 800 shipped wit 2 mags.

Murfdog 06-14-2012 02:30 PM

Thanks Jon found a guy thats got 3 in stock ready to ship $950 free shipping.It comes with a fold down front sight and RRA dominator eotechrear sight

Murfdog

Quentin 06-14-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murfdog (Post 835964)
I was just wondering what you ar guys thought about the rock river operator2 for around $950 I know most of you build your own,is this pretty good for my first ar.

Murfdog

Curious why you're thinking of spending BCM money for RRA? Why aren't you going with PSA as you recommended in Powell's thread?

Anyway sounds like you want an AR that will last but tell us what your applications will be.

Murfdog 06-14-2012 02:57 PM

I don't know what to do this is my first AR,Also BCM is out of stock as always and so is PSA.That why I'm on hear asking questions.Just trying to get a little help with my choices.Plus the RRA comes with a fold down front sight like I want.ergo grip that I want stock I want,and I like the warranty.And they have it in stock.Again just looking for a little help.Thanks

Murfdog

Snakedriver 06-14-2012 03:08 PM

Murfdog, I have been satisfied with the accuracy and performance of my RRA 16" A4 Mid-length upper that I mated with an Armalite lower assembled with an RRA lower parts kit and mil-spec. collaspible stock. It's very accurate.

Few people that own RRA's have complaints about them. They have a good Warranty on their stuff and seem to honor it whenever an issue arises. They are not just a Johnny-come-lately in the AR Industry, so a "Lifetime Warranty" might actually mean something. When people wave such Warranties around I always ask "is that my lifetime or yours?".

For the $950 being asked, you'll be good-to-go unless you're a "special operator" headed to middle-Asia. It's good the RRA guns are in-stock too. If you hesitate, they'll be gone. Big panic going on, don't you know?

Txhillbilly 06-14-2012 03:27 PM

I've got 2 RRA guns,a 20" Varminter and a 458 SOCOM upper on a home built lower.Both guns get shot often,and I have had zero problems with anything made by them.Both are very accurate with almost any ammo.
For a hunting/target rifle,I'll take a RRA product anyday.For a weapon that is used for real life defense/protection 24/7 and very hard use,there are probably better brands to choose.

Quentin 06-14-2012 10:09 PM

A lot of BCM uppers still are in stock if building appeals to you. My BCM build came in around $950 last month. I have no experience with the RRA Operator, just comparing price.