Rise in Price of ARs?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rise in Price of ARs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Default Rise in Price of ARs?

I am looking to buy an AR-15 but I will not be able to purchase one until July (money issues). One of the gun stores I go to has a Bushmaster AR priced at $600 (can't think of the model) and that is the one I have my sights on. Anyway, do y'all think the price will go up based on the economy/government? This gun has been priced at $600 for a while and it isn't a one gun deal, meaning they have more of them. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Find a S&W Sport or PSA. Higher probability you'll get a functional rifle that way.

Price wise you should be ok.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
Find a S&W Sport or PSA. Higher probability you'll get a functional rifle that way.

Does Bushmaster have a bad rep? I'm new to the world of ARs and want to learn all I can. I thought Bushmaster was a good company.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter View Post
Does Bushmaster have a bad rep? I'm new to the world of ARs and want to learn all I can. I thought Bushmaster was a good company.
As has been said on this and other forums they used to be but through big corp America they have gone to ****, driven by profit margins.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #5

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

A $600 Bushmaster? It's probably a Carbon-15 and you'd be wise to skip it and look at the models recommended below. Or do a build.

As far as prices going up, that depends on the election later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #6

Thanks y'all, the M&P 15 Sport looks to be higher quality than the Bushmaster and is the same price at my gun store. The reviews for it look good.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #7

Before this thread meets it's inevitable end, can any of y'all M&P 15 Sport tell me if you can mount a forward rail on it. I really just want to do it to mount a fore-grip, if I get the desire. When I first get it it will probably be shot without any attachments, but I would like to know if that possibility is there.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #8

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter
Before this thread meets it's inevitable end, can any of y'all M&P 15 Sport tell me if you can mount a forward rail on it. I really just want to do it to mount a fore-grip, if I get the desire. When I first get it it will probably be shot without any attachments, but I would like to know if that possibility is there.
Yes you can. You can do whatever you want to that gun just like why other AR

Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

Yes you can. You can do whatever you want to that gun just like why other AR
Thanks, I figured you could, but you never know.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:27 AM   #10

Bushmasters use to be good but then, like it was stated, they sold out to corporate America. However, the guy who started Bushmaster originally started a new company named Wyndham Arms which is making awesome ARs at really good prices. Another company to look at is Rock River. They have some really good deals going on right now if you can find one due to their massive backlog (which from my understanding is due to new federal contracts). They come standard with two stage triggers and you can get them with chrome BCGs at no charge which is AWESOME. Just my 2 cents.