rifle scope for ar-15 instead of burris 556 fixed 3x sight - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > rifle scope for ar-15 instead of burris 556 fixed 3x sight

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ClemsonSCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Default

Not sure what you want to use your AR primarily for, but even if it's long range shooting, 9x zoom is the most you should need. I got the 2-8x32 because 2x zoom is great for close range shooting (if they're too close for 2x zoom, I can probably just eyeball the shot) and 8x is plenty for the ranges I'll be shooting it at.

__________________
ClemsonSCJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
randy420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 145
Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
Not sure what you want to use your AR primarily for, but even if it's long range shooting, 9x zoom is the most you should need. I got the 2-8x32 because 2x zoom is great for close range shooting (if they're too close for 2x zoom, I can probably just eyeball the shot) and 8x is plenty for the ranges I'll be shooting it at.
I plan to use it for coyotes and other varmints / predators.
__________________
randy420 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ClemsonSCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy420

I plan to use it for coyotes and other varmints / predators.
The only problem with your cheaper optics with hunting predators like that is usually they're sundown or evening type animals. Your cheaper optics just don't do well with very little light. But even for that I wouldn't worry about more than a 9x zoom. 16x is what I have on my .308 and I think even for that its almost overkill.
__________________
ClemsonSCJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ
The only problem with your cheaper optics with hunting predators like that is usually they're sundown or evening type animals. Your cheaper optics just don't do well with very little light. But even for that I wouldn't worry about more than a 9x zoom. 16x is what I have on my .308 and I think even for that its almost overkill.
And the centerpoint has the red and green illuminate works great at night
__________________
cblowe13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ClemsonSCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13

And the centerpoint has the red and green illuminate works great at night
I was referring to being able to see the target, not the reticle.
__________________
ClemsonSCJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ

I was referring to being able to see the target, not the reticle.
Gotcha great to have a fellow tiger on here! I live in Anderson
__________________
cblowe13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ClemsonSCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13

Gotcha great to have a fellow tiger on here! I live in Anderson
I'm in Anderson as well...born and raised.
__________________
ClemsonSCJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ

I'm in Anderson as well...born and raised.
That's crazy! Never find to many people around me on here! You're not the one with the Rock are you? Lol
__________________
cblowe13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ClemsonSCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13

That's crazy! Never find to many people around me on here! You're not the one with the Rock are you? Lol
Lol no not me. Wish I knew who it was though. Could use that reward.
__________________
ClemsonSCJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Fixed Sight Confusion starving030 Optics & Mounts 3 03-24-2013 10:15 PM
burris ar 332 prism sight CrackbottomLouis Optics & Mounts 2 11-16-2012 01:38 PM
Burris MTAC Rifle Scope / Fast Fire II Combo? ZeusEcho Optics & Mounts 5 07-27-2012 12:44 AM
Burris Six X 2-12X scope fixxer Optics & Mounts 2 12-11-2010 06:24 PM
Burris prism sight anyone? SGT_Calle Optics & Mounts 0 03-25-2010 02:52 AM