Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RGuns upper/lowers & c/s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default RGuns upper/lowers & c/s

Hey, all...hoping y'all can help me. I'm looking to purchase an AR upper/lower receiver set from aimsurplus manufactured by RGuns and then a free float tube directly from RGuns. I've read some horror stories about ordering and customer service from them, as well as a couple of cases of lowers being out of spec. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them and trying to decide if I should still go with them, hoping y'all can help me decide
Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Maybe Q will help w/ this one but wasn't RGuns the guys who dicked around w/ one of the members here taking months and months to get him the proper rifle? It was either RAR or RGuns.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #3

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

You remember correctly, it was RARGuns but who knows, RGuns may be the same place. I'd be careful BigIron. Anyway here's a thread by Kwaynebb discussing it:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/second-upper-while-waiting-first-45859/

Also he had an earlier thread that documented it better. And it also was interesting, MJ, since it was about the time you and I were waiting on Smartgunner. I found some posts where I was documenting UPS' painful delivery of my upper.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/thank-yall-now-my-aspirations-36522/

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I hate that he had to suffer for so long just to end up w/ that AR but it is a good lesson for others should they pay attention.

The SG deal was well worth the wait. I know you agree.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

rguns has the best russian surplus guns and the only importer i know of with real mosin pu snipers and ex snipers. i wouldnt buy an AR from them. ive been to their shop and wasnt impressed with the quality of the ARs.

they dont make their own they just buy and stamp them with their label. they get some of their stuff from delaware machine and dpms dunno where they get their rgun stamped lowers.

my opinion for surplus yes, for modern guns no

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-26-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #6

Well, that pretty much cinches it...if I want an OD AR I'll duracoat it. Going with a spikes tactical lower. Probably del-ton or model 1 upper, though I've had good luck with JT Distributing...
Thanks, y'all....ya may have just saved me alot of trouble!

Old 12-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron2312 View Post
Well, that pretty much cinches it...if I want an OD AR I'll duracoat it. Going with a spikes tactical lower. Probably del-ton or model 1 upper, though I've had good luck with JT Distributing...
Thanks, y'all....ya may have just saved me alot of trouble!
If you're going w/ the Spikes lower why not go w/ a Spikes upper?

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 12-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #8

Oh, I may...if I still build an upper. Model 1 has .300BLK barrelled uppers...of course, now that I think about it, I haven't looked at spikes site in a while...maybe I need to chech them out again...

Old 12-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #9

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

PSA has some sweet prices on uppers and lowers now. $49 for a stripped lower and around $400 for a complete upper. There's a current thread describing one.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
If you're going w/ the Spikes lower why not go w/ a Spikes upper?
Those were my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron2312 View Post
Oh, I may...if I still build an upper. Model 1 has .300BLK barrelled uppers...of course, now that I think about it, I haven't looked at spikes site in a while...maybe I need to chech them out again...
I don't think they're on the website, but I'm fairly certain they make rifles in 300BLK. I know they make the Compressor in 300BLK, but I doubt that's what you're looking for, plus it costs bookoo bucks.

Give them a call and find out.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"