RGuns - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

RGuns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1123 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Quality from them has not been an issue for me. It's their horrendous customer service. I advise anyone that wants to do a build with their color anodized parts to watch Gunbroker and get them there. There is usually a colored lower on their once every few weeks. That's where I bought the green Rguns lower for this build. This build may have never ever happened if I had ordered the stripped lower from them.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 08-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #42

Liked 353 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner View Post
Quality from them has not been an issue for me. It's their horrendous customer service.
That pretty well sums it up.

Everything I've seen implies 'A-' products, 'D-' service. The quality of their product seems pretty solid...if you're okay with being left in the dark for several months.

If someone wants an RGuns product, I suggest they do business through a place like AIM Surplus, who occasionally has live stock of their uppers, etc.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #43

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760

...and there you have it in a nutshell folks. I would love to order one of those Mosin rifles with the turndown bolt from them... But waiting weeks?...months?.. for something they list as "in stock"??... especially having gone that route doing business with them already. No sir. I'll buy something else.... from someone else.
..As for your last issue of what to do with the lower; http://www.dsarms.com/Lowers%20&%20Uppers/products/59/
...Happy shopping!!!
Thanks for the link! Those are some good prices for uppers! I take it they actually want repeat customers, so no waiting for months right? 😜
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #44

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcilten View Post
Thanks for the link! Those are some good prices for uppers! I take it they actually want repeat customers, so no waiting for months right? ��
Nope.... I have ordered many accessories for builds from them and the longest they took to get anything to me was 7 working days. In all honesty though, the panic has died down somewhat and you can find AR uppers almost anywhere like Brownell's, Midway or Classic Firearms.... and I've never had an issue with any of those suppliers either.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #45

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Funny thing, I was telling my Rguns horror story to a buddy of mine last week, and I noticed I had a voicemail on my phone. When I got home I listened to the message it was the lady from Rguns asking if I still wanted my order because the credit card they had on my order was declined. I was going to call back and let her know that no, i do not want the order since they are just now getting to it 9MONTHS LATER! Unbelievable.....

Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #46

Liked 232 Times on 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcilten
Funny thing, I was telling my Rguns horror story to a buddy of mine last week, and I noticed I had a voicemail on my phone. When I got home I listened to the message it was the lady from Rguns asking if I still wanted my order because the credit card they had on my order was declined. I was going to call back and let her know that no, i do not want the order since they are just now getting to it 9MONTHS LATER! Unbelievable.....
Stuff like this is why I'm embarrassed to own an m44 mosin with rgun import marks. I hate advertising a bad company for free Their name on the rifle was ALMOST a deal breaker for me

Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #47

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

It's a shame really, they could mark up 10%, afford to hire a additional employee and deliver orders on time.
I have a guy that works with me that has a sweet upper from them, I'm just not willing to wait that long.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #48

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Ignore R Guns and log onto PSA for great builds and deals--usually about three weeks delivery and excellent CS. I received the wrong kit, a return label was sent the day I reported it and the correct kit was shipped as soon as UPS indicated I had shipped the return. You cannot get much better than that.
I know this is not an R Guns experience, just offering another parts source that is reliable.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #49

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
This is my story w/ them.... Ordered six 20 round mags for my AR on 12/15/12... They showed "In stock".... emailed after 3 weeks to see if they had been shipped...No reply... 2nd email a week later... no reply.... Called on the phone... Got a generic "Because of increased orders blah blah blah no orders by phone blah blah blah" and NO way to leave a message.... 5 1/2 weeks later... They finally send a tracking number... a week after that, I have my mags.... Six & 1/2 weeks for delivery of "in stock" seems to be their speed.
Knowing this and reading these other posts, do business with them at your own peril... because their customer service is NON-existent and they are definately on their OWN time schedule!!
...and if they are reading this I have a message... The panic is dying down and options are now open to the gun community again (in other words competion for your market!!)... and mark these words; Word of mouth on forums such as this WILL eventually lead to your doors closing!!
Anyone here thinking of doing business with them... I would recommend these companies instead; http://www.dsarms.com/ http://www.classicfirearms.com/ http://www.del-ton.com/
Rock River Arms did the same to me when I ordered mags from them. Same exact story.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #50
hmh

Liked 194 Times on 130 Posts

I had a bad experience with rguns they told me they had the receivers in stock and then several weeks after my ffl hadn't recieved them I called and all the sudden in stock went to 3-4 months and this was before Obama's gun surge.