RGuns - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > RGuns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 988 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

I hope the upper matches the lower better than the last few I have seen . The green has been about 4 shades darker on one or the other
Ok. Sot the upper finally came in today and much to my dismay..... It actually matches the lower I have! Surprise surprise!

image-926565198.jpg
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 08-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #32

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

That looks great! How long did you have to wait for the upper?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor
That looks great! How long did you have to wait for the upper?
I ordered it on February 23rd. So close to six months.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #34

I Just found out after I cancelled my order they charged my account and made a shipping order that very same day. Now this is after I talked to them on phone and they told me that they by past my order. They are just causing me so much grief for something that was in stock and still shows its in stock.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I Just found out after I cancelled my order they charged my account and made a shipping order that very same day. Now this is after I talked to them on phone and they told me that they by past my order. They are just causing me so much grief for something that was in stock and still shows its in stock.
My opinion on what they do...... By in stock they mean that they think that they will have the parts on hand sometime in the future and will be able to complete the upper then. By out of stock they mean we can't get the necessary parts to build said upper. Not an honest way to do business. In stock should mean "we have x number of completed units assembled and ready to ship". If you got a shipping label then you will most likely see that upper within a month. I was able to cancel an upper for my brother's build a coupe of months ago. The upper I ordered is nice and at a great price, just way way way too long of a wait. What model did you order from them?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #36

It was the the 20inch kit less lower reciever.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
It was the the 20inch kit less lower reciever.
Then yeah you should be pissed and want it cancelled. I just looked at that kit and its not something special that you could not get anywhere else. Hell, I've got another build going that I ordered as all parts. The only thing assembled was the BCG. The only thing holding that project up is waiting on some of the parts that I sent out to WMD for nickel boron coating. I could understand if you were waiting on one of the anodized colors, but not a standard kit. I feel that they scammed you once you cancelled your order. You could have easily obtained all of the parts in your kit from Palmetto State by this point. I guess we learn hard lessons some times unfortunately..... May others learn from our mistakes!

Old 08-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #38

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Was wondering if anyone has recieved any AR 15 parts from RGuns lately. Yea made the mistake ordering from them 2 months ago. In a delima on whether to cancel the order or am I close to getting it. Ordered the 20 inch barrel kit.
That's the same kit I ordered 6 months ago back in February, and I still haven't heard a thing. I tried to cancel my order, but couldn't get thru on the phone or email. I will never order anything from them again. I actually cancelled the card I used for the order and got a different card, since I couldn't get thru to them to cancel, at least they won't be able to charge me on something I no longer want from them. I honestly don't know how they do any business with such poor customer service!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #39

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

I ended up going to a local gun shop and picked up a S&W M&P15 Magpul edition. Cost more than what I would have been able to build off of Rguns 20" kit, but not worth the headache of waiting and not being able to contact anyone! Now I have a stripped lower that I have to figure out what direction I want to go with it.

image-1953809818.jpg  

Old 08-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #40

Liked 688 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcilten View Post
I ended up going to a local gun shop and picked up a S&W M&P15 Magpul edition. Cost more than what I would have been able to build off of Rguns 20" kit, but not worth the headache of waiting and not being able to contact anyone! Now I have a stripped lower that I have to figure out what direction I want to go with it.
...and there you have it in a nutshell folks. I would love to order one of those Mosin rifles with the turndown bolt from them... But waiting weeks?...months?.. for something they list as "in stock"??... especially having gone that route doing business with them already. No sir. I'll buy something else.... from someone else.
..As for your last issue of what to do with the lower; http://www.dsarms.com/Lowers%20&%20Uppers/products/59/
...Happy shopping!!!