Review-KCI AR15 100rd Magazine
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Review-KCI AR15 100rd Magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1284 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 616

Default Review-KCI AR15 100rd Magazine

I've had this mag a while and have tried it out with all of my AR type weapons.
It basically looks like a copy of a BetaMag,without the HIGH price tag.
It is made in Korea,and is a plastic composite rams horn shaped magazine,and sold by Sportmans Guide.I paid under $150 for it,so it is quite a bit cheaper than a BetaMag.

It comes in a nice canvas carry pouch that has belt clips so it can be carried on your side in the field.The pouch also has a couple pockets that hold 2 small bottles of dry graphite lube,along with a speed loader that works well in assisting the loading duty.There is a nice instruction booklet that comes with it,and has very detailed instructions about the magazine.

I didn't have great expectations on the reliability of these type of magazines,but so far,this thing has worked perfect.No jams,failure to feed,or any other problems.I was pleasantly surprised.

Loading 100rds of ammo into the mag is easy with the speed loader attatched,just put 5rds in it,and push the top of the loader down.Very simple,it just takes a while to load it.
They state that it can be left loaded and stored indefinitely,and it has an estimated life cycle of 50k rds.

This probably isn't a magazine for everyone,loaded it is heavy.It also is on the bulky side if you are carrying your rifle with a sling.
But it works great,and looks really cool on your rifle.Plus you don't have to carry extra mags with you.

Front view of Carry pouch-

Back view-

Front view of magazine,speed loader,and graphite lube-

Top view of magazine-

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #2

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You're gonna look like Eliot Ness with that thing, THB!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #3

Mag on my RRA 20" Varminter-

Mag on my Keltec PLR-16-

Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
You're gonna look like Eliot Ness with that thing, THB!

Yeah,But it is fun dumping 100rds at a rapid pace. Sure is loud out of the Keltec though.