Researching AR's need input - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Researching AR's need input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

It's impossible to be both... If so the u would be neither eye dominate which I don't think is possible... Purhavoc has a easier way.. Or u can point at somthing and close one eye and if your finger is still on the same object then what ever eye is open is the one!!! Save your self the money for more guns and buy a factory rifle.. It will work for you.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #12

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Rock River now makes a complete left handed rifle. I am in the same boat. I shoot rifles/shotguns left handed and pistols right handed. I am trying to retrain myself to shoot everything on the right side. I am actually right eye dominate but, started shooting lefty as a kid because that's what my Dad did. I am looking at my first AR, but will buy a righty so my wife and son can shoot it as well. I have never had an issue shooting a semi auto (shotgun, 10/22, etc.) righty.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

or shoulder the rifle on the right shoulder. close left eye and aim directly down the site at something...now open your left eye back up. Are you now looking across the side of the gun? then your left eye dominant, like me. i have been trying to shoot left handed, it is getting there. Everything still feels back wards.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #14

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

I'm right handed and cross dominant so shoot a pistol right handed but bring it left for my left eye. With a rifle that's not possible so my right eye does the job, no muss no fuss. Cross dominance bothers some people and others hardly at all. I wouldn't worry about it unless it really drives you crazy.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm a lefty and own all right hand guns in a ar platform it doesn't matter as a matter of fact its easier to hit the slide release and you can see inside chamber easier so check them out and you will see what i mean then get a 1/8 twist or faster I suggest a rock river one of the best for a production gun has the best 2stage trigger for the money I have the 20 inch barrel varmint with a heavy barrel it has a 2stage in it feels like a 2lb trigger The gun shoots bug holes at 100m