Removal of the DPMS FF Tube
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Removal of the DPMS FF Tube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Removal of the DPMS FF Tube

So... no matter where I look, I can't find out if the DPMS(aluminum)free float tube comes off clockwise or counter clockwise... anyone know?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 93 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I would assume that if it doesn't say otherwise, the threads are standard and it will come off counter clockwise.

Vince

Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The fact that it screws on over a barrel nut would have me calling DPMS before I did anything to find out for sure.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:11 AM   #4

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Yup, I actually emailed them, but they weren't responding either. the did finally send a reply a bit after I decided to try and sell it as a complete unit

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 06-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Yup, I actually emailed them, but they weren't responding either. the did finally send a reply a bit after I decided to try and sell it as a complete unit
Yeah, email isn't going to work on tech support issues. Did you go to the Contact Us section of their site? They do have a phone number. (320) 345-9223 and they also have a Live Support Tech at DPMS: AR-15 Rifles, Parts and Accessories. simply click the Live Help button on that page during regular company business hours, pretty sure they don't do 24/7 Live Help, you usually only find that in the tech industry, not the firearms industry. It's business hours or no hours in the firearms industry

Honestly, it doesn't sounds like you much cared to try that hard before giving up. If I had given up that easy when AR Barrels ripped me apart verbally for building a junker rifle, I wouldn't have learned anything. Instead, I decided he was a dick with good points and addressed those points and now I have teh badass, wicked EBR from hell, and am beaming proud of it. Can't give up so easily when dealing with firearms. Frustrations are common and come up too fast with any brand, it's the persistence to get past the hurdle that pays off in the end.

Last edited by moshpit; 06-06-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #7

Have you looked on youtube or Brownells for a vid on installing a FF tube. Watch the direction it goes on and reverse to remove.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Awww, do I have to? Quoting can be fun too!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #9

My Blackberry posted that on its own. I had nothing to do with it, honestly...lol

Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
My Blackberry posted that on its own. I had nothing to do with it, honestly...lol
I figured as much, hence the silly response