Remington wins contract for M4s - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Remington wins contract for M4s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
I hope this contract makes the Freedom group come up to speed and start making some better quality firearms. This they have the economies of scale from milspec production, maybe hopefully it will carry over to their civilian line.
As much as I'd like to everyone produce a quality AR it won't happen. Just think how nice it would be to be able to answer a "what's the best AR" thread w/ ANY or ALL OF THEM.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

As much as I'd like to everyone produce a quality AR it won't happen. Just think how nice it would be to be able to answer a "what's the best AR" thread w/ ANY or ALL OF THEM.
Word is some people already do :-P

In all reality, I think there is no way for us to NOT benefit from another manufacturer getting the TDP. There has got to be a trickle down effect or something, the more high quality ARs the better!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #23

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_ View Post
Word is some people already do :-P

In all reality, I think there is no way for us to NOT benefit from another manufacturer getting the TDP. There has got to be a trickle down effect or something, the more high quality ARs the better!
I agree but it can also have a negative affect. I wonder if there will be a watering down as it gets passed around.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #24

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Well one negative I can picture already is salesmen pitching the red-headed stepchild Carbon-15, saying it's the civilian version of the issued M4. 'Course some do already!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm sure their is a lot of politics in this decision by the government, maybe the presidents financial backer is the CEO of Remington(which owns bushmaster and I think DPMS). I feel bad for our soldier getting these weapons, cause they aren't Colts. I don't own a Remington or Bushmaster, but I've them in the past. I might buy another Remington but I doubt I'll own another bushmaster.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #26

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
I'm sure their is a lot of politics in this decision by the government, maybe the presidents financial backer is the CEO of Remington(which owns bushmaster and I think DPMS). I feel bad for our soldier getting these weapons, cause they aren't Colts. I don't own a Remington or Bushmaster, but I've them in the past. I might buy another Remington but I doubt I'll own another bushmaster.

Problem is Remington and Bushmaster are built in the same factory using pretty much the same parts. Of course that won't be true of the M4s going to the Army. (I hope!)

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5703 Times on 3224 Posts
Likes Given: 5123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Well one negative I can picture already is salesmen pitching the red-headed stepchild Carbon-15, saying it's the civilian version of the issued M4. 'Course some do already!
Look at the bright side. This just might cause them to build a top quality Carbon -15!

Winston Churchill