Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Remington R 25 any opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington R 25 any opinions?

I was looking at the R 25 for a tactical long gun, but dont have any first hand experience with it so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #2

Liked 926 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 902

Fairly expensive but looks cool. I haven't shot one so can't give first hand experience other than holding one in the LGS.

I imagine the quality is on the level of Bushmaster and DPMS since they're all under the same ownership.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #3

Thank you for the input, I agree its a little on the pricey side, I do like that you can get it in .308 I'm always open to suggestions if anyone knows of any more economical tactical long guns.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5120 Times on 2666 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Its a bushmaster with a remington stamp from what i understand remington isnt making them. I could be dead wrong but i think they just jack the price of the bushmaster/dpms up a bit with the remington label

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Its a bushmaster with a remington stamp from what i understand remington isnt making them. I could be dead wrong but i think they just jack the price of the bushmaster/dpms up a bit with the remington label
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, basically a DPMS 308. Nice looking rifle though.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

It's a decent package. One came through the shop awhile back. Factory Black Hills Ammo turned in MOA groups out to 300 yards.

For a factory stick it does what it was designed to do. No doubt you are paying a bit more for teh Remington name, but if you don't have the time/will/desire to build one yourself you could do worse.

JD

Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #7

I bought an r-25 in .308 in 2010. Experimented with several different rounds, magazines, and scopes/mounts. The DPMS magazines fed the best, but still had multiple misfeeds with all cartridges. To top it off, it wouldn't shoot a decent group at all. I sent it back to Remington Arms two months ago and haven't heard anything except "the issue is unresolved". My buddy got a regular old economy model dpms in .308 and is loving it. R-25...very fussy!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #8

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

I looked at them when I was shopping for a 7.62 AR. They seemed like good rifles, and I've had good luck with Remington in the past. That said, I ended up buying an ArmaLite because that was the name that kept popping up when I was talking to AR guys about .308/7.62 rifles.

Never had a malfunction of any kind.

Just something to think about...

Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #9

Yeah the ArmaLite is more expensive, including magazines, but I like them and they do say AR-10!

______

Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #10

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Yeah the ArmaLite is more expensive, including magazines, but I like them and they do say AR-10!
Ahhh...the magazines. Yes. They aren't expensive, they are stooopid expensive.

I had forgotten about them.