Remington ACR vs Robinson Arms XCR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Remington ACR vs Robinson Arms XCR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington ACR vs Robinson Arms XCR

Hey guys, this is a tough one. This is also my first day on the forums, so easy on the flaming. I need you guys to settle an argument I've been having with myself. I can't decide which assault rifle is the best: the Remington ACR or the Robinson Arms XCR. They are extremely similar, and are in my opinion the best assault rifles ever made (debatable, I'm sure). They can outperform any other guns on the market, in any category, as far as I know. But which one is BETTER???

Here is a great link to the ACR: http://remingtonmilitary.com/pdf/remington_acr_brochure.pdf

Here is a great link to the XCR: http://www.robarm.com/resources/products/xcrlstd/index.aspx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Welcome aboard, Henry. Pop on over to the introductions and tell us about yourself.

And we don't use the word "Assault".

Robinson and Remington rifles are both excellent. The Robinson is grossly underrated IMO. It is an excellent choice.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryACR View Post
Hey guys, this is a tough one. This is also my first day on the forums, so easy on the flaming. I need you guys to settle an argument I've been having with myself. I can't decide which assault rifle is the best: the Remington ACR or the Robinson Arms XCR. They are extremely similar, and are in my opinion the best assault rifles ever made (debatable, I'm sure). They can outperform any other guns on the market, in any category, as far as I know. But which one is BETTER???

Here is a great link to the ACR: http://remingtonmilitary.com/pdf/remington_acr_brochure.pdf

Here is a great link to the XCR: XCR-L STANDARD - [ROBARM.COM]

I see you reside in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. I thought only California legal semi automatic rifles are available for sale?

Doesn't this mean that a NON-DETACHABLE magazine is required? Aren't there restrictions on Mag capacity?

If you want one of these weapons....move to Arizona? dude.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Living in Kalifornia, you aren't going to be able to purchase either one of those in their standard format.

My next question would be WHY you would want to spend about 4 or 5 times the money on one of these, when you could build a platform that would easily compete with them and have the knowledge behind what you are building.

JD

Old 04-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think you have a few years to decide, You may want to wait until you Graduate High School and get a Job the pays some good money if you are going to purchase either of those.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #6

Default personal interest

thanks for your concern guys , but i'm only asking around because of my personal interest in the defense industry. i'm not actually planning on buying one for a while, and if I do it certainly wont be in CA. I want to learn as much as i can about modern firearms (it might even be my major). do you guys have any suggestions/websites?

Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Watch the Military Channel, Lock and Load is good too ( I believe it runs on the History Channel), and pick up a copy of one of the Tactical Weapons magazines the next time you're at the grocery store.

People get the government they deserve.

Tags
acr, assault, rifle, ultimate, xcr