Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rem R15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Marksman View Post
What you say may possibly be correct but if you go to Remingtons website and look under the R-15 you will only see 2 calibers, .204 & .223
LOL...ok, "may possibly be correct" ? Do a web search for Remington R-15 .30 Remington, and you'll find that bear was VERY correct.

It's okay, a lot of folks get confused with the Remington .30 mainly because it is still NEW to them.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
LOL...ok, "may possibly be correct" ? Do a web search for Remington R-15 .30 Remington, and you'll find that bear was VERY correct.

It's okay, a lot of folks get confused with the Remington .30 mainly because it is still NEW to them.
I don't ever mind being corrected if I'm in error and according to what your stating it would appear that I'm in need of a refresher, so I humbly stand corrected on the .30 cal part but I stand by the rest of my posts.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Marksman View Post
I don't ever mind being corrected if I'm in error and according to what your stating it would appear that I'm in need of a refresher, so I humbly stand corrected on the .30 cal part but I stand by the rest of my posts.
NY,

I wasn't trying to be condescending or anything like that with my reply. Stalkingbear is very knowledgeable, and in this case was 100% correct, as he is, more often than not

You based your answer on what you read on that site, which was most likely not updated yet. The Remington .30 is one of the newest additions to the Remington line, and was designed with the hunters who are using AR15's, in mind. If I was buying an AR with the intent to use it for hunting, this is one that I would definitely consider.

Of course, you would have to take into consideration WHAT you plan to hunt with it, as their are manufacturers also putting out everything from .204 to .50 for the AR15, to cover whatever it is you want to hunt

So please do not take what I said as an 'attack' on you or what you post, as it was not meant to be.

Slo

Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was in no way offended and if my post came across as such I would like to say that I meant it as an appology. I am not so well informed that I can't make a mistake (God knows I make plenty of them). Please do not feel that I took any offense with yours or stalkingbears posts for that was not my intention.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #15

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

NY, you're right!! IF you look at the R15 platform but on the R25 platform Remington-Arms-Model-R-25-Rifle-Centerfire-Rifle
they list ..." the new Model R-25. An advanced, highly lethal blend of accuracy, fast followups and light recoil chambered for three of today’s most popular short-action hunting cartridges – 243 Win, 7mm-08 Remington and 308 Win. This rifle is everything varmint and predator hunters love about our R-15 in a beefed-up design that easily handles cartridges suitable for big-game hunting."

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Remington .30 R15

Remington announces .30 R15

The R-15 And The .30 RAR

Some reading about the .30RAR and the Remington R-15

Old 12-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #17

Not commiefornia legal.
Son of a Beesh

Old 12-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotzORemmies View Post
Not commiefornia legal.
Son of a Beesh
WAIT. I guess you can have an out of state FFL install a "bullet button" or "BB", and then charge an additional 500 bones to get a CA LEGAL r15.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #19

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

This should explain.

Rifle Test '09 | Outdoor Life

Rifle Test '09 | Outdoor Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
NY, you're right!! IF you look at the R15 platform but on the R25 platform Remington-Arms-Model-R-25-Rifle-Centerfire-Rifle
they list ..." the new Model R-25. An advanced, highly lethal blend of accuracy, fast followups and light recoil chambered for three of today’s most popular short-action hunting cartridges – 243 Win, 7mm-08 Remington and 308 Win. This rifle is everything varmint and predator hunters love about our R-15 in a beefed-up design that easily handles cartridges suitable for big-game hunting."

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #20

My hunt continues but have yet to give some decent results (without spending two grand!) The whole reason I was trying to go for the R15 is that it comes in 308 relatively cheaper than you could build an AR of the same caliber. After hunting around CenCal, I heard about this guy that runs a small shop the next town over and specializes in everything AR, but holy **** bricks was he expensive (at least from what I can tell). He was selling totally stripped lowers for 450! Not including tax and registration! Daaaammmnn. Oh well, I'll continue to try and bag an "R" for grand.