You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Red jacket kmp-di direct impengment rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It looks good but if all they are doing is slapping Magpul stuff on a prebuilt upper and lower then slapping them together does not make for the price. I like Redd Jacket and the custom work they do but yours is the only one I have seen other then on their website.

Cool rifle.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1734 Times on 1138 Posts
Likes Given: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettad789 View Post
Honestly I'm not sure of who builds the parts they use I haven't seen that information anywhere. All i know os that the upper is a key hole And as far as comparing them to colt goes I've been told by someone that they are comparable in quality to the colt rifles. That's not me saying that, that's just what I've been told. I don't wanna make any of the die hard colt guys angry cause like I said I don't know enough myself to make that call.
Well the keyhole indicates Cerro Forge which of course is a good quality receiver that many other AR companies use. I would try to get some specs out of them, usually the quality AR builders are proud of their specs and glad to share like BCM does.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ok so I've sent an email to red jacket about the rifle specs. I'll keep you guys updated about what they say.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #14

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

I've enjoyed mine as well. I don't get it out near as often as I'd like, but it's been great. Just to let you know that you're not the only one that has one. There is a gun store close to me has carried them for years. Very reputable from any of the folks I've talked to around here. As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters.

forumrunner_20120820_215708.jpg

Old 08-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Been awhile since I posted but this gets my attention: you have all these people that put the RJs down without ever holding one or seeing one in person. I have one and love it and it's better then the colts or bushmasters and the Windham Weapondry I have and shoots a lot better. I can shoot 1/2 groups at 100 yards with no problem with it. I was going to put a red dot on it but changed my mind after shooting it. The RJ seems to be a better fit and finish and the M16 bolt being heavy makes for a smoother operation then the others. It's well balanced and fast handling. I work for academy and sell these as fast as I can get them in and all feedback has been just as i said. If you get the chance grab one, you won't be disappointed. BTW mine is the KMP-DI
http://i.imgur.com/HDYeK.jpg

Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1734 Times on 1138 Posts
Likes Given: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
Been awhile since I posted but this gets my attention: you have all these people that put the RJs down without ever holding one or seeing one in person. I have one and love it and it's better then the colts or bushmasters and the Windham Weapondry I have and shoots a lot better. I can shoot 1/2 groups at 100 yards with no problem with it. I was going to put a red dot on it but changed my mind after shooting it. The RJ seems to be a better fit and finish and the M16 bolt being heavy makes for a smoother operation then the others. It's well balanced and fast handling. I work for academy and sell these as fast as I can get them in and all feedback has been just as i said. If you get the chance grab one, you won't be disappointed. BTW mine is the KMP-DI
http://i.imgur.com/HDYeK.jpg
Who was putting them down? I just asked what parts do they put in their rifles. Since you're a reseller do you know? Please share if you know.

In this price range you can get Colt, BCM and Daniel Defense who are pretty good about sharing their technical specs. And at a lower price point you have PSA and Spikes who put out pretty darn good ARs and yes they do use M16 carriers.

If you're after sub-MOA accuracy RRA is your ticket in the sub $1200 range. So tell us, what does RJF put on the table other than their notariety? And are you paying for that notariety? I'm not putting you down just saying why go with RJF.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek