Red jacket and gunsmoke.... - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Red jacket and gunsmoke....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The power of money ant television

Old 01-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #62

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Screw the show and the whole drama BS.
Will built me a 8" S-12 back in 09, way before this reality bs. And the S-12 8" is one bad ass shotgun when all said and done.

Tromix was my first choice but where booked for a year. I'll be on the next list for a sweet MKA 1919 SBS.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #63

Liked 259 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Then the drama of "will that one on the planet piston buffer make it to Vegas in time - oh no, what will we do, they sky is falling. BTW, I've visited allot of class 3 dealers and gun shops and ranges in an around LV. If Discovery is reading this post, how about you pay me $500.00 for each piston buffer I can dig up in Vegas in an 8 hour day. Even on a Sunday. Geeze...
One of the things that gets me is that all of the piston AR companies build f/a AR's without the hydraulic buffers and it seems to work just fine. I am starting to re-think an earlier statement I made. I wouldn't trust these dumb@$$es to change my gas rings!

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #64

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Actually if you look at the build, it's a selective fire lower. They call it a hydraulic buffer but it's really called a cyclic rate reducer. At full auto, you need to reduce the inherent cyclic rate of the system using what they used for the build to give the weapon enough time to eject the case and strip a fresh round (and complete the firing cycle), so no, if you want to swap our your gas impingement system for a short/long stroke piston, you usually don't need to mess with the buffer. Also, I think that idiot had the gas setting wrong to begin with.
And besides, it's TV- NOT REALITY!
I like the other show better - better looking women and guns.

Last edited by Belltactical; 01-29-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Actually if you look at the build, it's a selective fire lower. They call it a hydraulic buffer but it's really called a cyclic rate reducer. At full auto, you need to reduce the inherent cyclic rate of the system using what they used for the build to give the weapon enough time to eject the case and strip a fresh round (and complete the firing cycle), so no, Also, I think that idiot had the gas setting wrong to begin with.
And besides, it's TV- NOT REALITY!
I like the other show better - better looking women and guns.
Still don't think they needed the hydraulic rate reducer/buffer/dildo/whatever. None of the other piston companies need it to run their guns full auto. You are probably right about the gas setting.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #66
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22214 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Still don't think they needed the hydraulic rate reducer/buffer/dildo/whatever. None of the other piston companies need it to run their guns full auto. You are probably right about the gas setting.
IMO, they were trying to re-invent the wheel! serious companies do lots of R & D and make prototypes and spend time and money to bring a product to market and put their best designers and people on it. they don't do it like red jacket did! after seeing some of it, i wasn't impressed at all.

the editing they used on one episode where the daughter was supposedly shooting a Desert Eagle 50AE! if you freeze frame it, the pistol is either a Beretta or a Taurus. yeah, there's some reality for you! again, not impresssed.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
IMO, they were trying to re-invent the wheel! serious companies do lots of R & D and make prototypes and spend time and money to bring a product to market and put their best designers and people on it. they don't do it like red jacket did! after seeing some of it, i wasn't impressed at all.

the editing they used on one episode where the daughter was supposedly shooting a Desert Eagle 50AE! if you freeze frame it, the pistol is either a Beretta or a Taurus. yeah, there's some reality for you! again, not impresssed.
Yeah, those serious companies spend years developing their gear, and this joker googles the patent office and copies their sh** and claims he created something in one weekend.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #68
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22214 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Yeah, those serious companies spend years developing their gear, and this joker googles the patent office and copies their sh** and claims he created something in one weekend.
exactly why i'm not impressed with anything they do. you hit the nail on the head!