Red jacket and gunsmoke.... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Red jacket and gunsmoke....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabe View Post
Which ones? From the show? You know what their new company is called?
As far as I know only Vince left the company. Will and his daughter are no longer allowed to legally run the business (they screwed up big time)

I'm guessing they'll eventually hand the reins over to that Chris guy...thats probably why Will allowed them to date, lol.

I loved the first season of the show, but as season 2 drew to a close, i couldn't stomach anything other than the discharge of the completed product.

As far as the OP question - I know nothing of Gunsmoke. But I can say my opinion is that Red Jacket is severely over priced. For that kind of money, buy a Colt. In 100 years, Colt will still be Colt, but Red Jacket will far have faded from memory.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #22

Crazy! Will seems like such an a$$ hole! I wonder if any of them are on this forum..

Here is a link I found on their llc http://gunnuts.net/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-loses-ffl/

Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I doubt Will even knows how to operate the equipment in the shop.
He just yells and belittles until the workers figure something out.
It's degraded from a gun show to a soap opera/drama.
He hands over the most important build in there history to a worker that has no knowledge of an AR, (the episode before the camera caught him trying to assemble an AR), He couldn't even get the bolt carrier group into the rifle.
It was quite a coincidence that there was a camera on a tripod exactly were they Stephanie gave Kris the family armband.
As well as the walk Will and Stephanie took through the sign salvage yard to have a father daughter talk about Kris, complete with cameras.That show makes me wanna puke.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #24

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabe
Crazy! Will seems like such an a$$ hole! I wonder if any of them are on this forum..

Here is a link I found on their llc http://gunnuts.net/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-loses-ffl/
In not taking up for them,but some things arent clear for me. The article says that will and his daughter were/are only employees of red jacket,who is the actual owner? On the show he tells how red jacket was started by him and he named the company red jacket because its his cherokee name. Then he hired his daughter as the secretary/accountant,then the company grew from there... So has will himself never had an FFL?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
In not taking up for them,but some things arent clear for me. The article says that will and his daughter were/are only employees of red jacket,who is the actual owner? On the show he tells how red jacket was started by him and he named the company red jacket because its his cherokee name. Then he hired his daughter as the secretary/accountant,then the company grew from there... So has will himself never had an FFL?
i think MrWray it has somthing to do with ATF regulations on the FFL and ownership. he use to have one but due some type of snafu of some misplaced weapons, they transfered the business into another FFL holder, one of the employee's. this is what i understood it to be, by what i read in an article about it. hopefully someone else can shed more information on it for me as well.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #26

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

So the whole show is one big fat lie... Yupp sounds like American TV to me!!!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
So the whole show is one big fat lie... Yupp sounds like American TV to me!!!
pretty much! just a soap opera with guns! DRAMA! DRAMA!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #28

Lol. While it may be fake and overly dramatic, some of the stuff is pretty cool...like the "hog gun"...

Old 01-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6789 Times on 3609 Posts
Likes Given: 506

They surrendered their ffl to avoid prison. They were creating paper guns. What that is, is filling out the forms to create machine guns then just waiting until need arose to put the serial number on a reciever or sideplate. Once you get approved to make a machine gun you are supposed to make the reciever right away.

It is not legal to have approved serial numbers on paper only. Real sot machine gun manufacturers have their own ability to make recievers and dont wait to order theirs from someone else.

So when a batfe agent dropped by for an inspection they couldnt produce the physical guns their numbers were supposed to be on or documentation as to who had them. To the batfe that means guns not in inventory.

This happened before the tv show started.

As for "red jacket" name, red jacket was an indian who sided with the british against the american revolution. He got the name because he wore a british redcoat everywhere even after the revolution.

It isnt a name i would have picked for my gunshop
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 01-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #30

That does sound pretty un-american....if these people are so shady, I wonder why they got a tv show to begin with....I'm sure the tv show could have been successful at another shop.

I'm more a fan of American Guns...mostly because the daughter is WAY HOTTER than steph on sons of guns..and it's not so fake...sure the helicopter is a bit much, and they love to hint at how rich they are (the anniversary gun episode, the custom harley episode etc..) But it's not all about drama in the shop like at red jacket..