Red jacket and gunsmoke....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Red jacket and gunsmoke....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Red jacket and gunsmoke....

Does anyone have any experience dealing with these brands aside from watching them on tv? Are they worth the $$? watching sons of guns I've never seen a line of builders manufacturing ARs...same goes for gunsmoke and their 1911 line. does someone else manufacture their products?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #2

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

From what I heard on TV, there is a crew that is off camera that does assembly line type work or shipping. The guys on the show only do new stuff or custom jobs.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

The custom milled stuff and the integral suppressors maybe worth what they are charging. But I will say this, I had my .458SOCOM custom built by the man himself, Marty ter Weeme, and it didn't cost me anywhere near $3500!

Not to mention it is far more accurate than the one they built

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #4

I personally, would avoid at all costs either of them. You're going to pay far more than you should. Red Jacket lost two of its key employees too, who moved on to form their own firm. Those are reality shows...yuck!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmanathome
I personally, would avoid at all costs either of them. You're going to pay far more than you should. Red Jacket lost two of its key employees too, who moved on to form their own firm. Those are reality shows...yuck!
Which ones? From the show? You know what their new company is called?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

I just yell at the tv everytime I see a price pop up... You can buy a 458 socom from RRA for 1,150 msrp... And that is a custom gun itself.. I think they jack the prices up on the shows and really sell the gun for much less..

And on gun smoke, they all seem to fake to me... The way they set everything up is just too far fetched,,.
Like if you fly a helicopter to the middle of a field and there just happens to be a safe full of dynamite there... Come on we all know that wouldn't fit in a helicopter.. And if it did it would be way to heavy,.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #7

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabe View Post
Which ones? From the show? You know what their new company is called?
I know they lost Vince from this weeks episode. Don't know who the other one is.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #8

Mesa Kinetic Research - Home

But why would you buy from them? You can buy or build a perfectly great firearm for far less than these groups would ever offer?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #9

Just curious.
im not going for names and recognition

Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
I think they jack the prices up on the shows and really sell the gun for much less..
nope thats the price they sell for you can see it on their websites. arsenal makes a MUCH better AK than redjacket for a lot less. just about anyone with the ability to order a AR15 from RRA, colt, lwrc, DD, BCM, PSA etc get a better AR than red jacket can make for a more fair price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
The custom milled stuff and the integral suppressors maybe worth what they are charging. But I will say this, I had my .458SOCOM custom built by the man himself, Marty ter Weeme, and it didn't cost me anywhere near $3500!

Not to mention it is far more accurate than the one they built
their suppressors are little better than a threaded pipe from lowes with holes drilled in it... get your supressors from real suppressor companies. ive seen a "red jacket" suppressor in real life and they are complete junk. what you see on tv is just that... TV.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...