Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Red jacket and gunsmoke.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/red-jacket-gunsmoke-55922/)

Wanabe 01-20-2012 03:19 PM

Red jacket and gunsmoke....

Does anyone have any experience dealing with these brands aside from watching them on tv? Are they worth the $$? watching sons of guns I've never seen a line of builders manufacturing ARs...same goes for gunsmoke and their 1911 line. does someone else manufacture their products?

fsted2a 01-20-2012 03:32 PM

From what I heard on TV, there is a crew that is off camera that does assembly line type work or shipping. The guys on the show only do new stuff or custom jobs.

dog2000tj 01-20-2012 05:05 PM

The custom milled stuff and the integral suppressors maybe worth what they are charging. But I will say this, I had my .458SOCOM custom built by the man himself, Marty ter Weeme, and it didn't cost me anywhere near $3500! :eek:

Not to mention it is far more accurate than the one they built ;)

lunarmanathome 01-20-2012 05:41 PM

I personally, would avoid at all costs either of them. You're going to pay far more than you should. Red Jacket lost two of its key employees too, who moved on to form their own firm. Those are reality shows...yuck!

Wanabe 01-20-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarmanathome
I personally, would avoid at all costs either of them. You're going to pay far more than you should. Red Jacket lost two of its key employees too, who moved on to form their own firm. Those are reality shows...yuck!

Which ones? From the show? You know what their new company is called?

hockeyjr1 01-20-2012 06:31 PM

I just yell at the tv everytime I see a price pop up... You can buy a 458 socom from RRA for 1,150 msrp... And that is a custom gun itself.. I think they jack the prices up on the shows and really sell the gun for much less..

And on gun smoke, they all seem to fake to me... The way they set everything up is just too far fetched,,.
Like if you fly a helicopter to the middle of a field and there just happens to be a safe full of dynamite there... Come on we all know that wouldn't fit in a helicopter.. And if it did it would be way to heavy,.

fsted2a 01-20-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanabe (Post 683292)
Which ones? From the show? You know what their new company is called?

I know they lost Vince from this weeks episode. Don't know who the other one is.

lunarmanathome 01-20-2012 06:49 PM

Mesa Kinetic Research - Home

But why would you buy from them? You can buy or build a perfectly great firearm for far less than these groups would ever offer?

Wanabe 01-20-2012 08:31 PM

Just curious.
im not going for names and recognition

JonM 01-20-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 (Post 683303)
I think they jack the prices up on the shows and really sell the gun for much less..

nope thats the price they sell for you can see it on their websites. arsenal makes a MUCH better AK than redjacket for a lot less. just about anyone with the ability to order a AR15 from RRA, colt, lwrc, DD, BCM, PSA etc get a better AR than red jacket can make for a more fair price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 683242)
The custom milled stuff and the integral suppressors maybe worth what they are charging. But I will say this, I had my .458SOCOM custom built by the man himself, Marty ter Weeme, and it didn't cost me anywhere near $3500! :eek:

Not to mention it is far more accurate than the one they built ;)

their suppressors are little better than a threaded pipe from lowes with holes drilled in it... get your supressors from real suppressor companies. ive seen a "red jacket" suppressor in real life and they are complete junk. what you see on tv is just that... TV.