Recommend a free float rail
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Recommend a free float rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Recommend a free float rail

Hey everyone,

I have a Colt LE6920 and I would like a free float rail that doesn't weigh a ton and more importantly, that matches the finish of a stock LE6920. I got an old Omega Rail 7.0 (manufactured Savannah, GA instead of Black Creek) and the finish is off. I do not want to re-anodize it or match the gun to it, I would rather just buy something new that works. I don't mind cutting off the delta ring but the installation must require no gunsmithing (if required I can always slightly file something but I would rather not). I started a thread earlier with a picture of mismatching finish but I figured I would start a new one to actually ask for recommendations for a new one.

Thanks!

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Midwest Industries, Yankee Hill, are a couple of good brands.

Browse the AR picture thread to get some ideas:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-picture-thread-83/

Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Gonna be tuff trying to match your finish. Only way to do it is to physically check it. Take your rifle to a store or gunshow and try your luck there.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #4

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I was actually looking at those two brands on Brownells. Thanks for the picture thread link.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 106 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 22

http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/category/Samson_Evolution.html

Just put one of these on my rifle and I could not be happier. Fit, finish, and ease of installation are all top notch. They even have a model that will work with a stock front sight base.

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson