Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Rebuild Questions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigBizz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Back Woods N.H.
Posts: 443
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Lightening the hammer spring MAY cause light primer strikes on hard primers. MAY being the key word. I've run into some issues with russian steel case. (MFS 55 gr and 62 gr, wolf 55 grain) Lightening up the hammer (grinding off the tail on my bench grinder takes about 20 seconds) solves this.
OK I'm not looking to have to do any work like that just to make it function right how much would I really have to worry about light primer strikes with the jp reduced power kit
__________________

Work Hard Play Hard

BigBizz87 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
okdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 2,526
Liked 182 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Just try it.. its only $10 upgrade. And you can always remove them if you dont like the springs kit.

__________________
okdonk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,443
Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

yep, completely reversible mod, If you don't like it put the old springs back in!

__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigBizz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Back Woods N.H.
Posts: 443
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Just try it.. its only $10 upgrade. And you can always remove them if you dont like the springs kit.
Yeah i plan on it just didn't want to have to grind stuff down to make it work right that's all
__________________

Work Hard Play Hard

BigBizz87 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigBizz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Back Woods N.H.
Posts: 443
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
yep, completely reversible mod, If you don't like it put the old springs back in!
What about an accuwedge any truth to it making the gun more accurate? Is it worth $3 hahaha
__________________

Work Hard Play Hard

BigBizz87 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,443
Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

IMHO skip it, gimmick.

__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigBizz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Back Woods N.H.
Posts: 443
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
IMHO skip it, gimmick.
Really it says it stops upper reciever movement Wichita could affect the sights???
__________________

Work Hard Play Hard

BigBizz87 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,443
Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Pros :
Removes any play between the upper and lower.

Cons:
MAY work loose and get into your fire control group and create a stoppage
MAY break apart (its rubber) and get into your fire control group and create a stoppage
It WILL push against the take down pin, thereby making it more difficult to get that pin in place.
WILL make you spend money (not much mind you) for something that really doesn't matter and you don't really need.

If you have a bit a slop, don't worry about it. Its not gonna affect you in any measureable way. If you are making a benchrest/precision build, and want to eliminate all slop, its ok, but getting a lower with a tensioner is a better solution, or getting a mated upper & lower is best.

Don't believe the hype, though my friends says they do double as ear pro just in case you forgot some. He got one and doesn't use it anymore. Lower receivers forged by Mega usually have a tensioner bolt in the handle that you can adjust to remove any upper and lower play. Mega, Rainier Arms, and Riflegear use Mega recievers, there are many more, but I don't know them off hand.

__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigBizz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Back Woods N.H.
Posts: 443
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Pros :
Removes any play between the upper and lower.

Cons:
MAY work loose and get into your fire control group and create a stoppage
MAY break apart (its rubber) and get into your fire control group and create a stoppage
It WILL push against the take down pin, thereby making it more difficult to get that pin in place.
WILL make you spend money (not much mind you) for something that really doesn't matter and you don't really need.

If you have a bit a slop, don't worry about it. Its not gonna affect you in any measureable way. If you are making a benchrest/precision build, and want to eliminate all slop, its ok, but getting a lower with a tensioner is a better solution, or getting a mated upper & lower is best.

Don't believe the hype, though my friends says they do double as ear pro just in case you forgot some. He got one and doesn't use it anymore. Lower receivers forged by Mega usually have a tensioner bolt in the handle that you can adjust to remove any upper and lower play. Mega, Rainier Arms, and Riflegear use Mega recievers, there are many more, but I don't know them off hand.
Very good I appreciate it a lot saves me money thanks
__________________

Work Hard Play Hard

BigBizz87 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,241
Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 692

Default

Yep, the accuwedge is a waste of time. Add one to your next order if you want since it's cheap but it won't improve accuracy. Heck, stuff in a cheap earplug or a wadded up rubber band. They'd do the same thing for free. And be just as likely to gum up the works!

__________________

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Quentin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
M70 rebuild da357mag Engraving & Refinishing 4 04-02-2012 03:00 AM
Dillion rebuild jmac2387 Ammunition & Reloading 11 02-09-2012 01:20 AM
First AR Build, or rebuild actually tsully85 AR-15 Discussion 7 11-28-2011 12:49 AM
Amazing Jeep Rebuild NitroxAZ The Club House 7 04-06-2011 07:39 PM
Rebuild the US with a bust MichaelG Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 12-06-2008 09:03 PM