Which rear sight
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Which rear sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Which rear sight

Hi. Thankyou everyone who responded to my posts and helped me with my first AR build. Today it finally got assembled; PSA pencil profile midlength, S&W lower, PSA LBK, Spikes f/a carrier courtesy of a friend, BCM medium charging handle, and a Magpul handguard to replace the cylindrical one that came on the upper. I am short a rear sight, and not wanting to be too spendy here. I will most likely mount a nice airgun scope which I already have, 3-9x40, but would like a rear sight as well. The front sight is standard. Any advice? Thanx again folks, tk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Cheap side, go with Magpul MBUS. They are lightweight. Made of polymer.

If you can double that amount, go with the Troy Industries Folding rear battlesight. Made of steel. I currently have one branded with Spikes logo. I won't ever buy Magpul again. Troy is more rugged and reliable IMO.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:22 AM   #3

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Cheap side, go with Magpul MBUS. They are lightweight. Made of polymer.

If you can double that amount, go with the Troy Industries Folding rear battlesight. Made of steel. I currently have one branded with Spikes logo. I won't ever buy Magpul again. Troy is more rugged and reliable IMO.
I had a troy and several magpuls and a set of diamond head. Favorite is magpul. I like the fact if u do drop the gun sights down or hit the front hard it folds and pops back up. Hit the troy front like that it will never be the same since they lock in the up position. To each their own but if the troys functioned like the magpuls I would have all troys. There just plain durable and operate best for me . Now I'm not talking about the crap pts stuff either. We bought a set to compare and they are not made of the same poly. The front pin was plastic. The molds were crap and they didnt clean the flashing up on them either . I'm not even sure I would use the pts parts on airsoft stuff.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #4

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

For the money you can't beat the MBUS 2 rear sight. I have three and no complaints.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

purehavoc Likes This