Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Range Tools/Case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default Range Tools/Case

Looking for ideas on what you all use as a range/armorers case/kit for at the range. What tools you carry and keep with you etc while at the range.

What kind of a case/tool box did you buy?
Where did you get it?
What tools do you carry?
What spare parts do you carry?

Etc. Etc.

Little background, I will own all the tolls for building ARs, and am looking for something to carry all the typical armorer tools one might need to help out at the range for my guns, and also friends/families guns too - specifically ARs atm.

Eventually, I will stock standard, H, H2, H3 buffers too in it.

=============================================

Right now here is what I am thinking:

Case: Undecided...
roll pin punches
small hammer
extra bolt
extra firing pin
common detents and springs
lock tight
screw drivers
hex wrenches
cleaning kit/supplies
Ear protection
Eye protection
Shooting gloves?

I'm a bit of a newb, but experience and time will help me, along with your input

THanks for any thoughts or responses!

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 924 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 899

I take few tools or spare parts. Mainly a cleaning rod, lube and common tools. The buffers are a good idea. Ear/eye protection, of course. I don't use shooting gloves.

I take at least two ARs and multiple handguns and ammo. That's plenty to carry really. I'd rather spend my range time shooting and save working on big problems back at home.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.