Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Range Report - Mags, scopes, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
KAG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Range Report - Mags, scopes, and more.

Hey Guys,

I took some new products out to the range this weekend and thought I would post a quick review.

Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  31.6 KB

1) Bushnell Sportview 20-60x60 Spotting Scope
This spotting scope retails for $130, but you can usually find it for cheaper. The scope works well for 100yds but at 200yds I struggled to see the target effectively. It does come with its own hard case and tripod.

2) Trijicon ACOG 4x32 (TA31RCO-M4CP)
For $1,600 it better be badass, and it is. On top of my new HLF with a 14.5" Colt with pinned AAC Brakeout it was fun and accurate. I am a believer that good guns need good glass now.

3) AAC Brakeout
This a great compromise between the AAC Blackout and the Blackout MB. The report after each shot was noticeably louder compared to the flash-hider only but not as loud as the MB.

4) Magpul AFG
This was a fun impulse buy but for me I will prefer the VFG for lateral control. The AFG may work better if you have hands like Shaq or Lebaron James.

5) Daniel Defense RIS II
All I can say is THIS THING IS STRONG! You will NOT be disappointed. Its takes some work getting on (compared to the Troy free-float hand-gaurds) but well worth it.

6) KCI Beta Mag (the Korean version)
Plain and simple... POS. We knew there was issues with making sure it is properly lubricated with graphite but that didnt help. (see pics) First off, we used PMC Bronze and the rounds barley fit in the opening of the mag. I shot 2 rounds before the mag crapped out and needed to be rebuilt. Also, getting graphite all over your hands is not fun and makes shooting not fun.
Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  30.5 KB
Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  31.8 KB

HLF Manufacturing, LLC

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1632 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

Thanks for the reviews. They may help me in the future.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
KAG

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

No problem!

HLF Manufacturing, LLC

Old 06-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Thanks for the info!!