Range day/ Therapy session

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Range day/ Therapy session

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts

Default Range day/ Therapy session

Was able to get some range time today. Here's 3 targets at 50 yards. The lower right quadrant of first target is where I sighted back in. I installed a new muzzle break and it shifted poi. Every other target contains 5 shot groups. I ruined some good groups with first shot flinching. Either way, I feel a whole lot better after a good day at the range.

image-2018240412.jpg   image-2929334980.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #2

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

There's rarely a bad day at the range. Good shooting Camo!

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

I hear you on that, nothing like a day on the range

Old 04-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 707

nice shooting. those are good groups. just a little something i had running through my head. i'm not intending to be mean in any way. i noticed in each of your targets your groups are moving around. i assume it cant be the rifle changes poi every 5 shots. im thinking that each time you changed targets, you the shooter, were not in the same exact position for each group. weather its your grip, or cheek weld, or something was just off a little. still getting good groups. maybe next time you may want to really focus to see what it might be when you switch targets next time.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #5

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts

You are right. I was adjusting my scope as I went. Never more than four clicks at a time but I adjusted here and there. I shot left target to right. I shot the same sequence on each target. 4:30( bottom right) loaded 5 rds., 7:30( bottom left) load 5, 10:30( upper left) load 5, 1:30(upper right) load 5, center. Then I would switch targets and repeat.

Also, between the second target and third I took off my scope to shoot irons and to see if it would return to zero. I am pretty satisfied with the QD pepr mount but I did make minor adjustments after clamping it back on.

I finished up slightly high at 50 yards which is where I want to be for coyote hunting. I'm sure long range shooters cringe when they hear I take scope on and off. I'd like to be able to QD my scope and a decent red dot and feel comfortable that they'll be close enough to do the job when reattached. Wishful thinking?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Group therapy at a range is definitely the way to go.