Rainer Arms or BCM complete lower?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Rainer Arms or BCM complete lower?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Rainer Arms or BCM complete lower?

Rainier Arms or BCM complete lower that is the question? I know BCM is quality but the Rainier Arms complete lower comes with many extras that I like and seems of good quality. What do you guys think of the two? This will be my first AR build

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

Got links to them? Both companies do it right, at least their products that I've bought.

One thought, unless you really want those rollmark you should have little trouble building up a stripped lower of equal quality for less money. That's what I do, then top it with a quality factory built upper by BCM, Daniel Defense, etc.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 05-18-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Yes, RA complete lower comes with many extras. But to me, i still will choose BCM.
But whichever you choose at the end, you can't go wrong with either one.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 363 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Get whichever is cheaper. I've dealt with both and they're both equal in my opinion. But what do I know? I only build and sell these things for a living.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #5

Liked 2481 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 568

If one has extras that you would go ahead and add later anyway, then buy that one instead of buying parts twice. Both companies have solid reputations.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #6

Liked 65 Times on 53 Posts

If you are OCD like me, go with the Ranier Arms. They usually have a tension screw that will eliminate any slop between the lower and upper.

If you are looking for resale value, go with the BCM and slap a BCM upper on it.

If you are value minded, go to PSA and it will function the same for 1/2 the price.

Whichever you choose, post a photo when it's done!

Old 05-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Rainer Arms or BCM complete lower?

Oh I will def post pic when done. I have been looking at a lot of billet lowers such as Mega Arms but I'm worried that if I get a billet lower I'd have to get a billet upper because it looks so sick but I don't know if I'd have the tools and know how to properly put on and fit the barrel and gas tube/block. I love working with guns and taking them apart and customizing them such as 1911's but is it much harder to properly fit and build an AR15 or should I just start simple for my first AR?

Old 05-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Watch lots of youtube videos, they will help you. Starting simple or not for your 1st, you will be addicted to it then there will be 2nd..3rd.. and so on.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

ARs are much easier to build than 1911s but you will need some tools to do a stripped upper. Lowers are real easy, common tools in the garage can handle the work. There are plenty of videos online to help out.

Standard forged uppers look pretty good on my Quentin Defense US Army Edition billet lower (no affiliation to me, BTW) but no doubt a Mega upper would look best on a Mega lower. I'm going to get a stripped QD billet upper to complete the lower.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 05-19-2014, 02:12 AM   #10

Liked 1118 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I would highly recommend the Rainier Arms one. I have only experienced absolutely perfect service from them and their products are top notch!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334