Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Rail decision help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/rail-decision-help-96433/)

Dahamp2003 09-02-2013 04:03 PM

Rail decision help

Looking for a rail to mount a surefire on and a foregrip. I like fde, and want something thats is sturdy as crap. Ive read stories of peoples free floats moving a little. I want it to be locked down. Recommendations? Btw, ive got $200 to play with. It doesnt have to be a 15" rail either

Also, benefit of the KNS anti rotation trigger pins?

Gatoragn 09-02-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahamp2003 (Post 1355324)
Looking for a rail to mount a surefire on and a foregrip. I like fde, and want something thats is sturdy as crap. Ive read stories of peoples free floats moving a little. I want it to be locked down. Recommendations? Btw, ive got $200 to play with. It doesnt have to be a 15" rail either

Midwest Industries, Yankee Hill Machine are two of several rail brands that have good reputations.

mountainman13 09-02-2013 04:25 PM

What do you have for a fore grip now? Front sight/ gas block?

JonM 09-02-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahamp2003 (Post 1355324)

midwest industries for the rail

no benefit to using kns pins unless your installing something like a timney trigger pack or other drop in one piece units. these types have nothing to hold the pins in other than wishful thinking and set screws that dig into your lower

if your pins are walking out the internals werent installed correctly.

Dahamp2003 09-02-2013 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks on the KNS pins.

I have a front sight post that Im not married to and my foregrip is a surefire foregrip combatlight. I belive its a m910

Heres my setup. I was thinking keep the front sight post to cut down on expense.

JonM 09-02-2013 11:23 PM

I see your missing a trigger guard plate. Not a good idea at all.

Dahamp2003 09-03-2013 08:42 AM

It since has a moe enhanced on it. Picture is a littoe old when I switched a reciever build out. Had a complete, went to stripped and put it together, but wanted a magpul fde. Coupdnt find a fde trigger guard for like 3 months. Its together now though. No worries

sweeper22 09-03-2013 07:58 PM

My first choice for high grade quality @ $200 is usually going to be MI (Midwest Industries).

I think Troy and YHM also offer excellent rails in that price range, if not less. Vltor's CASV rail might be ideal (FDE is an option in various lengths) for $200 or so, but you may find yourself on a lengthy waiting list in that case. I tried to get one for a build and finally gave up after constantly getting bumped back for 5 months.

I've built 3 guns with MI handguards, and all have fit really tight.

Argyle_Armoring 09-03-2013 08:27 PM

Yankee Hill Machine, Troy, & Midwest Industries are who I recommend.

X-mark 09-03-2013 10:22 PM

Save up and get a Geissele ;)