Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Quick help please!!!! Brake or flash hider?!?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 65 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
Lol haven't heard that one before!!!
I wanted to be original and that was the only thing I could come up with. The old CCCP had many "istan" "states".

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #22

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW1066 View Post
It may be all he NEEDS but he cannot HAVE it due to the fact that he lives in New Yorkistan.

EDUB
Ohhhhhhh...

My sincere condolences sir...being an inmate of New York may I suggest a sling shot, or perhaps a blunt stick.

Sorry, that was rude. Afraid I'm not qualified to comment on the legalities of your state. For the rest of us the 1994 Crime Bill is a distant, mildly painful memory but you folks in New Yorkistan, Commifornia, and a host of other libtard states it IS the gift that keeps on giving... Sort of like the Clap.

Glad to see your still interested in pursuing the sport though.

Good Luck

Tack

Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #23

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
A muzzle brake on a 5.56 MM carbine is about as usefull as a diet crouton...In fact, it's downright useless and obnoxious.

The first AR I owned was a post ban Bushmaster M4 with a 14.5" barrel and a 1.5" mini Y comp muzzle brake. It was so damn loud you could not fire it a the range without getting dirty looks and given the mild recoil of the 5.56 it's not even necessary.

We never saw brakes on AR's prior to the ban. The only reason they started adding them was because they looked tacti cooler than having nothing on the end of the barrel and builders could get away with it because they are not "flash suppresors".

The A2 birdcage variant you have is ALL you need.

Tack
Lol. Brakes are so useless, that's why all the top 3Gun shooters use them. Shoot more, shoot faster, shoot w/ a quality brake and get w/ the times.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #24

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Ohhhhhhh...

My sincere condolences sir...being an inmate of New York may I suggest a sling shot, or perhaps a blunt stick.

Tack
haha actually you can't even have a slingshot here too... At least not the one that has the arm brace so u can get more power behind your pull..

Politicians here suck big time...

Ik what you guys are saying about the battle comp... But I don't shoot a ton maybe 1k of 556 a year... If I get upstate more then I'd shoot a bit more... Not looking to go into competitions anytime soon so for me to spend that for a muzzle brake is crazy in my mind...

The new upper just got here!! Dam this thing is light.... I'll get some pics up soon

Old 06-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1

haha actually you can't even have a slingshot here too... At least not the one that has the arm brace so u can get more power behind your pull..

Politicians here suck big time...

Ik what you guys are saying about the battle comp... But I don't shoot a ton maybe 1k of 556 a year... If I get upstate more then I'd shoot a bit more... Not looking to go into competitions anytime soon so for me to spend that for a muzzle brake is crazy in my mind...

The new upper just got here!! Dam this thing is light.... I'll get some pics up soon
Then take AT's advice and look into the brake he recommended. I believe it's around $50. It's loud and concussion is noticeable but it's a good brake.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #26

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

Then take AT's advice and look into the brake he recommended. I believe it's around $50. It's loud and concussion is noticeable but it's a good brake.
Yeahh that's the first thing I read when I found that one... I already had 1 NYS trooper and 2 DEC officers get called on us last time I was upstate... Could only imagine how fast they will come with that one..

I decided on the RRA brake... 35 bucks including shipping directly to my gunsmith... I'll send the upper to him tomorrow and should have it back in a week or so...

Thanks a lot to all u guys... It's nice to know fast reliable help is only a few clicks on my keyboard away... Here's a pic of what it looked like before I shoved the upper back in the box...
image-1429814558.jpg   image-639981191.jpg