Questionable Ammo - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Questionable Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrasgt View Post

I shoot at 100 yards most of the time. Wolfe isn't match grade, but I can manage to put the lead in the kill zone I choose on the target, iron sights, our department does'nt get into expensive optics.

I don't work for Wolfe, I just get so pissed off at ammo prices! I've got another short related story. My department used around 7000 rounds in one day with 9 standard Patrolmen Bushys. We used silver bear in the sardine cans. All the guys moaned about how it was junk and a pain in the butt.

Well, eight hours of none stop shooting, no cleaning breaks, constantly hot rifles, 7000 rounds gone and not one failure of any kind. The nay sayers were in shock. I just smiled at them and said I told you so.
I'm right there with you. As long as it's in (preferably center of) the kill zone I am HAPPY ! It's when I have to clear my rifle in order to get it to shoot towards that chosen zone.

I'm also glad to hear that Silver Bear had a good turnout for your group, as I've got a decent supply of that in a few calibers. .223 is the only one I haven't shot yet and it's also 62 grain. I've had nothing but success with it in my AKs, of course that's cause they're AKs more than anything. I do have more hope for it than the Wolf as the Silver Bear is zinc plated (hence the name) and SHOULD perform like brass. . . . ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrasgt View Post
Would I like to buy American, brass cased good stuff? Of course, but I just can't afford it. We all have "duty" ammo that's top shelf. Our bug out bags in each car for active shooter situations carry five mags of the best 556 ammo we can find and another five mags of the best .40 we can find, along with all the other normal stuff. But for training or plinking, most of us use Wolfe.

Sorry for the length of post?

MRA
That's how it should be for practical shooting. Practice should be affordable AND CHEAPER AMMO SHOULD PERFORM IN FUNCTION! ! !

That's all I'm asking.

Don't be sorry about a lengthy post around here. MUCH more enjoyable to share experience and content.