Question about a scope choice - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Question about a scope choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc View Post
I just got this one for my BM hope to try it out this weekend
One thing I recommend is when you mount the optic, slightly twist the rear cover to the left (counterclockwise) about 45 degrees while closed. If left in the original position which will allow it to flip straight up when you open it, it will hit one of the knobs on the top and possibly scratch the clear rear lens. Once you do this, when you flip that rear sight open there is nothing in its way that may potentially scratch it.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 31 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
One thing I recommend is when you mount the optic, slightly twist the rear cover to the left (counterclockwise) about 45 degrees while closed. If left in the original position which will allow it to flip straight up when you open it, it will hit one of the knobs on the top and possibly scratch the clear rear lens. Once you do this, when you flip that rear sight open there is nothing in its way that may potentially scratch it.
Thanks for the tip Anna

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 05-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc View Post
I just got this one for my BM hope to try it out this weekend

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/products/all-products/product-singleview/product/PRO/
excellent choice, have one on my DDM4 and I love it, super accurate

Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #24

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts

Anyone have any experience with the Sig Sauer 3x power red dot was thinking of buying one but not sure any opinions would be greatly appreciated and I'm not looking to spend aimpoint or EoTech kind of money right now

Work Hard Play Hard

Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBizz87 View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Sig Sauer 3x power red dot was thinking of buying one but not sure any opinions would be greatly appreciated and I'm not looking to spend aimpoint or EoTech kind of money right now
The best value for your dollar if you can't afford a top end scope, is the Vortex Strikefire. And No, I have no experience with the Sig Red dot.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #26

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

The Sig red dot is just another china made red dot and I have not had great luck with the Sig Sauer pistol lasers either . There are better choices for the money , Beyond the Vortex is the Lucid HD7 . Great little red dot for the money . Lucid offers a lifetime warranty , multi reticule, auto dim and brightness, NV brightness, 2 hr auto off , uses a common AAA battery , and comes in Black or FDE , They also have their M7 getting ready to hit the shelves if you want something smaller . They also offer a 2X screw in magnifier and a 2-5X adjustable magnifier . Heres a pic of the HD7

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 05-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 117 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Leatherwood Hilux CMR is the scope I intend to put on my rifle. It's not break the bank expensive and I have yet to see a negative review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27uTiDjre0

E-DUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
The Sig red dot is just another china made red dot and I have not had great luck with the Sig Sauer pistol lasers either . There are better choices for the money , Beyond the Vortex is the Lucid HD7 . Great little red dot for the money . Lucid offers a lifetime warranty , multi reticule, auto dim and brightness, NV brightness, 2 hr auto off , uses a common AAA battery , and comes in Black or FDE , They also have their M7 getting ready to hit the shelves if you want something smaller . They also offer a 2X screw in magnifier and a 2-5X adjustable magnifier . Heres a pic of the HD7
Had a vortex it was a Lil big for my taste just want something smaller more manageable in top of my cheaper AR goinng to look into the lucid thanks for the tip

Work Hard Play Hard

Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Can u co-witness with the lucid I have fixed Troy front and rear sight on the rifle I want the red dot on?

Work Hard Play Hard

Old 05-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #30

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBizz87 View Post
Can u co-witness with the lucid I have fixed Troy front and rear sight on the rifle I want the red dot on?
Yes lower 1/3

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens