Question about BCM upper (Blem)?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Question about BCM upper (Blem)?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default Question about BCM upper (Blem)?

Just finished a build with a BCM Blem upper and it was missing the logo below the rail, other than that I couldn't find any "blemishes" at all!

I don't know anyone that has a regular BCM upper with the lettering and star and I was wanting to confirm wether it was originally a sticker or painted on?? I wanted to make it look as close to original as possible or without this lettering or my receipt and word, it's very hard to confirm that it's a BCM upper receiver.

Thanks,
DropZone

image-3623305585.jpg  

SA XD-40 V10 (Ported) 40 S&W
New Frontier Stripped Lower
RRA LPK (Lower parts kit)
More to come....

"Don't thik of it as 'Gun Control', think of it as "Victim disarmament". If we make enough laws, we can ALL be criminals".

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I believe they use a laser engraver, not 100% sure.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #3

Liked 998 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 998

The receiver is going to be hard to tell but it would be shocking if it wasn't milspec and good quality. But look for the forge mark. My BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA uppers have the square forge mark which is Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises.

Now the barrel, you might want to take pictures of the ID marking and see if it's the same as known BCM M4 profile barrels here.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #4

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
But look for the forge mark. My BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA uppers have the square forge mark which is Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises.
All the BCM's I bought in the past were the same, but the two BCM's I picked up in the last few months have a new forge mark...

Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 64

BCM blem upper receiver won't have the logo on it. The logo will be on their complete upper receiver group only (Non Blem).