Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Question about AR-15 Triggers??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Question about AR-15 Triggers??

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and wanted to get a feel for peoples opinions on something. I am a dental technician by trade and have figured out a way to make a stock trigger break like one that costs 3 times as much. My problem is getting my name out there. Does anyone have any suggestions on places where I can list this service?

Thanks much,
Jay

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5085 Times on 2892 Posts
Likes Given: 4248

Send a PM to Notdku and he can fill you in on forum advertising.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Last edited by JonM; 01-29-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2160 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

JE,

I seen my friend locutus has as much luck with the keyboard as I do! LOL! Not picking on you locutus I am with you brother. Computers keyboards and I do not get along! JE it is notdku if you had some problems finding it.
Also just some advise! One wants to be cautious when working with the triggers. They are only case hardened. So it too much is polished or removed one can go through the case hardening into the softer metal. Only a comment and good luck with your endevour!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

locutus Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #4

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEmirzian
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and wanted to get a feel for peoples opinions on something. I am a dental technician by trade and have figured out a way to make a stock trigger break like one that costs 3 times as much. My problem is getting my name out there. Does anyone have any suggestions on places where I can list this service?

Thanks much,
Jay
How a out sharing the secret with your brothers on FTF :P

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #5

I understand completely they are case hardened. I use a diamond polish to remove the scratches and believe me when I say it doesn't take of much of anything at all. I have done about 2 dozen triggers for local guys and friends and have had no complaints. Personally I have about 6000 rounds through 2 of my guns and no issues.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #6

As for my secrets......I own a dental lab in MA and have all the equipment I need to polish metals.

combined-large-.jpg  

Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5128 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

just remember polishing a sear surface can easily remove the thin layer of hardened metal making wear accelerate dramaticly. this can easily cause erratic bursts of automatic fire or runaways.

hope you got good insurance

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
just remember polishing a sear surface can easily remove the thin layer of hardened metal making wear accelerate dramaticly. this can easily cause erratic bursts of automatic fire or runaways.

hope you got good insurance

I have about 6000 rounds though two guns without any problems. Its important to have the right tools for the job. I remove hardly any material. On another note, I have done roughly 2 dozen triggers over the past few years for local guys and friends and they to have never had a problem.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Full auto? Coooooooool!

Wait...how much per round these days? No so cool...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #10

Just opened the lower and took a look at the hammer engagement on the sear. With all the rounds I put though it, it still looks as good as the day I polished it. When I have some more time I will take the assembly apart and snap some photos.