Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Question about AR-15 buffer spring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

being that the added weight was in the stock i barely noticed a difference it still felt and balanced good. yes it was scary i had to spend 140 total without knowing fully if it would solve my problem. but as i said im so glad i did.

ive only had the standard and the heavy one i mentioned. ive seen others listed as heavy but i have no idea if they help. i can only state that the heavy one on that sight worked good for our two rifles... ive shot around 7 different AR's and mine was handsdown the loudest most annoying BOING noise i had ever heard.. and now its whisper quiet.. so its up to you to shell out the money. but my bet is you'll be glad you did.

one option might be to try one of the heavy, cheaper buffers from sportsmansguide or other online places and see how it does. if it performs good enough for you great. if not its not tons of money and then you would know if you felt you needed to get the expensive one. hehe
I should be getting my upper very soon so I have a little time to look into a few. I'm sure I have a few friends who wouldn't mind letting me put my lower on their upper to see how much noise it'll make. Of course all uppers will perform different, but this way I can get an idea. I don't mind dishing out the money if I know it's good. The guy I've been ordering my parts from I taking an awfully long time to get the parts, but as soon as I get them I'll have to upgrade the buffer. I too have heard of the hydraulic buffer, but have no clue how it works or the benefits of having one. All I know is that I want to finish this damn build!!!! SOON!!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #22

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

This is being developed my the good people at ExileMachine.com I just wanted to share it with you all.
link to original post: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthr...ghlight=sproing

Didn't want to bring this up yet but we're currently developing a product that amplifies the twang for our customers who embrace the twang but are unfortunately hard of hearing. You just replace your existing buffer with our product, codenamed "TWANG DANG," and you will experience an 85dbA increase in twang sound pressure level (SPL). The sound is transmitted directly to your hearing aids or to your electronic muffs via bluetooth wireless connection. For customers who do not use electronic muffs or hearing aids, we have a bluetooth cassette tape boombox adapter so you can set your boombox on your bench so everyone else can hear the amplified twang too. In live fire tests of our prototypes, we found a marked improvement in the ability of the shooter to hear the twang. Using the boombox can be upsetting to nearby shooters who may confuse your amplified twang with the unamplified twang of their own weapons. For this reason we will not recommend the use of the boombox adapter at a public range. MSRP $149.99. Bluetooth Cassette tape adapter sold separately. Expected availability 4/1/12. NOT SOLD IN STORES.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

LMAO! thats fing great...

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #24
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
This is being developed my the good people at ExileMachine.com I just wanted to share it with you all.
link to original post: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthr...ghlight=sproing

Didn't want to bring this up yet but we're currently developing a product that amplifies the twang for our customers who embrace the twang but are unfortunately hard of hearing. You just replace your existing buffer with our product, codenamed "TWANG DANG," and you will experience an 85dbA increase in twang sound pressure level (SPL). The sound is transmitted directly to your hearing aids or to your electronic muffs via bluetooth wireless connection. For customers who do not use electronic muffs or hearing aids, we have a bluetooth cassette tape boombox adapter so you can set your boombox on your bench so everyone else can hear the amplified twang too. In live fire tests of our prototypes, we found a marked improvement in the ability of the shooter to hear the twang. Using the boombox can be upsetting to nearby shooters who may confuse your amplified twang with the unamplified twang of their own weapons. For this reason we will not recommend the use of the boombox adapter at a public range. MSRP $149.99. Bluetooth Cassette tape adapter sold separately. Expected availability 4/1/12. NOT SOLD IN STORES.

HAHAHAAA! Nice. I want the guy shooting next to me to hear the *sproing* as much as I do.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
HAHAHAAA! Nice. I want the guy shooting next to me to hear the *sproing* as much as I do.
i once heard a rumor that the taliban would wait till they heard the sproing noise and then charge the soldiers knowing that the rifle was in mid cycle and they would have a mili second to run in for hand combat.........
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #26

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

......ping!......

Old 01-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #27

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

i once heard a rumor that the taliban would wait till they heard the sproing noise and then charge the soldiers knowing that the rifle was in mid cycle and they would have a mili second to run in for hand combat.........
You made me laugh

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #28

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

When i first got my Spikes' I asked the same question about the sprong.
I was told by my LE dealer to use white lithium grease and don't be stingy.
Doesn't get rid of the sprong, but it makes it a little less tinny.

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 01-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #29

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

JP rifles claims to have a buffer spring that addresses this issue. Whether it works or not I don't know:
JP Rifles

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a
JP rifles claims to have a buffer spring that addresses this issue. Whether it works or not I don't know:
JP Rifles
Those are some pretty nice looking carriers. I feel bad, but I may have to tell my local guy to send the kit back and buy some upgraded pieces. I mean it sure is taking him long enough to get them to me.