Quentin Defense uppers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Quentin Defense uppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Quentin Defense uppers

Has anyone had experience with QD uppers? I see they are reasonably priced. I plan on putting it on a complete Spikes lower. Trying to go as inexpensive as possible but, with quality components. I plan on using the weapon for keeping up with my friends that are in LE. Shoot what they shoot. The last time out I used a DPMS GI lite and I started to experience feeding problems after about 300 rounds. Hard firing on a Saturday afternoon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

I have a recent thread on the QD stripped billet lower, US Army edition. The machining is excellent, very nice lower. I'm considering buying their stripped upper but not in a hurry. I would expect the billet upper receiver would be as nice as the lower but no first hand experience. And I have no idea about the components they use in their complete upper groups as I'd rather choose my own barrel, etc.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have a matching set of their billet receivers, very nice. I will say I'm a little dissapointed that they have never gotten back w/ me about custom anodyzing a Troy rail to match their gun metal grey receivers set I'd like to purchase. That was roughly a year ago. I think they forgot about me .

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #4

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

That looks great, MJ! I think you just convinced me to go with a QD upper receiver. Now do I want the slick side or with FA...

If you go with a gun metal set will you get the military edition lower? I love the look of that anodizing.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
That looks great, MJ! I think you just convinced me to go with a QD upper receiver. Now do I want the slick side or with FA...

If you go with a gun metal set will you get the military edition lower? I love the look of that anodizing.
After waiting and waiting for a response I will probably not go with another QD.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."