Quentin Defense billet lower is done
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Quentin Defense billet lower is done

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Default Quentin Defense billet lower is done

I've had a Quentin Defense US Army Edition billet lower laying around almost a year so when I got a PSA LBK last week it was time to finish it up.

Easiest lower build I've done yet, no roll pins to punch in and no detents placed in orbit. I'm impressed with the PSA kit, great quality and a nice fit in the QD lower. Also this is the best milspec trigger I've felt in quite a while, definitely heavy but no creep and breaks crisp.

Anyway, nothing out of the ordinary, just an easy build. Now for the pics!

Nicely flared magwell

"Quentin Defense billet stripped lower receiver. ***US ARMY EDITION*** Model number is "US ARMY". Serial numbers all start with USA. CNC machined from a solid billet block of aerospace grade aluminum. Type III class II hard anodized per the mil spec."

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 12-31-2012 at 04:35 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #2

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #3

With PSA upper

______

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 AM   #4

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Very nice Q , That upper and lower look pretty tight , very little gap , Just as they should be

Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #5

You're right, PH! I should have mentioned that - the QD and PSA receivers are nice tight fit, in fact I wouldn't want it any tighter. The QD lower has a tensioning screw to tighten up the fit if necessary but I didn't need it (so the screw isn't contacting the upper in any way).

______

Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #6

I got tired of the M4 stock quick so put on my ACS. Definitely an improvement.

With PSA upper and Lancer mag...

______

Last edited by Quentin; 01-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #7

Q a magpul middy hand guard sure would look nice on there . I love my ACS-L , I really like that extra 1" it provides and it just feels best of all my stocks
What mag is that in the last set of pics ?

LRB lower , PSA LPK , Magpul ACS-L stock, MOE forearm and grip , Spikes BCG , Colt rifle length upper 20" target barrel non CL , Colt carry handle . I have been thinking about putting a scope on this rifle but I kinda like the looks of the carry handle and the durability of the built in sights

Last edited by purehavoc; 01-02-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Quentin Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #8

Yours looks great, PH! I also love MOE handguards and have them on my BCM and DD uppers. I've been keeping this PSA upper stock (well, swapped out the fat M4 ovals for thinner handguards dug out of the closet) but gradually will move to MOE handguards. And MOE+ grip, I can't stand the A2 grip now! I'm getting so I have to have my Magpul fix on any build.

I've thought about the ACS-L but went with my old ACS for now. They give a little of an A2 fixed stock look but of course telescope instead.

The magazine is the Lancer L5AWM Advanced Warfighter Magazine. Polymer body, every bit as good as PMAGs yet lighter and smaller. I like the steel feed lips too. I picked up five over the last couple months and will get more if things let up. They come in various colors and also translucent or opaque. Great reviews out there and I haven't had any issues with them in limited use so far.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2695314079/lancer-systems-l5-awm-advanced-warfighter-magazine-ar-15-30-round-polymer-translucent

______

Last edited by Quentin; 01-02-2013 at 04:45 AM.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #9

I wasnt real fond of the Colt grey upper on the black lower but Im starting to like it better and its fitting in just fine with the other even being the odd duck . I like the magpul stuff , it really can take a beating , doesnt get scratched up and just feels good in my hands . I have seen those mags on midway but never really found much for reviews on them so I never bought any of them . When things cool down I might try to pick up a few of those . I had bought 30 p mags back in Sept. and been sitting on them, selling a few here and there to friends at of course $15 , had I only known . LOL oh well I still have several new but Im hanging on to those for now .

Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #10

I've always loved the look of the 20" rifle and the MOEs with ACS-L really add to yours. So does the carry handle. Nice rifle! There's just something about a KISS build with a little Magpul added to the right places. To me that's handguards, stock and grip at a minimum.

______

purehavoc Likes This