Quadrail

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Quadrail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Quadrail

I have a Sabre Defense AR-15.......I also put a sniper HAwg light on it for vermin porkers in the way.......light mounts to scope......

problem.......light illuminates the hard sight on the front end of the hand rail

solution.....quad rail and mount the light there.....

Question......what is a good quad rail that will mount easily to the gun and hold the weight of the light

thanks in advance

CK

img_8122.jpg  

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas jefferson

NRA TSRA NAFGR

Last edited by cankiller; 01-28-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #2

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have a Midwest Industries on mine,i really like it.

mctar17p.gif

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-29-2012, 04:52 AM   #3

Liked 1038 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 1037

You also can get MOE handguards (with a small rail section for the light) which are an easy and inexpensive install.

Nice rifle, I always liked Sabre Defence. How is the polymer lower working out?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 01-29-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #4

Liked 266 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 21

You can use a Midwest Industries mount for a single scope ring that fits in the triangle of your front sight assembly. Think they are 35 bucks.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
You also can get MOE handguards (with a small rail section for the light) which are an easy and inexpensive install.

Nice rifle, I always liked Sabre Defence. How is the polymer lower working out?

No issues with the lower.......I like the way it feels

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas jefferson

NRA TSRA NAFGR

Old 01-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
You can use a Midwest Industries mount for a single scope ring that fits in the triangle of your front sight assembly. Think they are 35 bucks.

Sounds like a great fix........how do you think it would effect barrel harmonics?

NRA TSRA NAFGR

Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Does the light and laser actually help at the ranges you would use that scope? I would probably reassess my accessory choices then see if I really need a quad rail.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anything in contact with the barrel affects "harmonics". The right question would probably be "will the harmonic resonance affect the accuracy of the weapon enough that I should worry about it from a practical point of view?) in which case the answer would most likely be, "naw, not enough to lose sleep over".

And before the retired Seals and competitive bencher rest guys jump all over me, notice I said "practical".

60 degrees and sunny and I've got the range all to myself. Nice Sunday any way you slice it.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Does the light and laser actually help at the ranges you would use that scope? I would probably reassess my accessory choices then see if I really need a quad rail.

The laser would be good for out to 600-1000 yds if the gun shot that far(acurately)

the light.............its the brightest light I ever held in my hands.....its a green LED light.....lights up well out to 150yds......poor mans night vision

http://www.sniperhawglights.com/thedestroyer.htm

thanks for askin

NRA TSRA NAFGR

Last edited by cankiller; 01-29-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cankiller View Post
The laser would be good for out to 600-1000 yds if the gun shot that far(acurately)

the light.............its the brightest light I ever held in my hands.....its a green LED light.....lights up well out to 150yds......poor mans night vision

http://www.sniperhawglights.com/thedestroyer.htm

thanks for askin
Knowing that I would follow Qs advise.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."